Gentle deer behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gentle deer behavior

This deer in the video has been at my blind several times. I walked up on him the other day and he didn`t run off. He watched me hand throw corn and then before I could get to my ladder stand he was eating it. I went the next day and he was 20 yards in front of my stand and actually walked towards me 2 or 3 steps before stopping when I first saw him. I set down my bow and spread out 1/2 gallon of corn that I carry with me and he never ran off. As soon as I was done he started eating and I decided to see to video him. Had several encounter with deer on this place that make you scratch your head. Two does were in front of my box blind last year(40 yards) as I walked up to it and paid no attention to me as I got into it. Two years ago we ruined a tire retrieving my buck in the middle of the lease. We were changing the tire and it was real brushy around us. I looked behind the truck and there was a doe eating 20 yards behind the truck in the middle of the pasture road. I walked towards her and she just slowly walked away letting me get a picture of her @ 20 yards and never spooking.

Not pressured and comfortable.

I snuck out of the blind yesterday with a fawn @20. It never ran…could have been my ninja skills
    Or the stiff north wind we had

Comment

That’s cool. I’d let him live and be my Judas buck.

Comment

He's the lookout. In return for saving the big bucks lives, they give him first access to the corn.

Comment

That’s cool.

Comment

I have a dove like that. Been around for two years.

Comment

Live decoy

Comment

Be happy....ever deer on our place seems to hear the lock at the front gate open and leave the country.

Comment

You must be wearing a HECS suit [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skipetex View Post
                    Live decoy
                    That`s what I told my wife. He not legal for at least one more year. We had a bumper crop of nubbin bucks last year. He is probably one of them .

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                      He's the lookout. In return for saving the big bucks lives, they give him first access to the corn.
                      My initial thought was that he may have been a rescue that was hand fed and raised for a while by humans before being released back into the wild but supposition is a very interesting one. Maybe “Judas Buck *** Canary in the Coal Mine”?

Comment

Deer get used to anything.
                        That's why, I don't wash my clothes in special stuff.
                        I don't try to be quiet.
                        Just, go about my normal stuff.

Comment

^^^

I agree and do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                            Be happy....ever deer on our place seems to hear the lock at the front gate open and leave the country.
                            I know places like that, usually out west or south west.

Comment

We used to hunt the mesquite down south for many years. There were a couple places we hunted where, I could put out corn and have 15 deer around my 10 ft. tripod, that would be on the edge of a clearing, in 10' to 12' tall mesquite. Most of the deer would be within 35 yards of the tripod. There was no question they could see me on that tripod, I was sihouetted badly, and in the winter when the mesquite don't have any leaves, I had to really stand out badly. But I would have deer 15 yards from me, almost every sit. That was until one old doe, decided the whole deal was wrong and started blowing. Then every time she showed up, she would walk up behind me in the brush and blow, scattering all of the deer. Then she would walk back and forth in the mesquite out of view, blowing for a good hour or more. That doe needed a arrow badly.

Before she showed up, it was like I was hunting in a petting zoo or something. All I ever saw from that spot were does, fawns and a couple of young bucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X