Shoulder Replacement Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudyl View Post
    Well, this is my new shoulder and rehab starts tomorrow.
    What can I expect........pain I would imagine.
    Yeah there’s going to be pain but your not supposed to push it that far. Slow baby steps. Only do what you can do. In the beginning it’s all about getting freedom of movement not building up strength, that comes later. Range of motion and flexibility is what my PT is working on. Once you start feeling better it’s hard not to push it but you’ve got to be patient so you don’t have any setbacks. I see improvements every day on my shoulder. It’s usually just a micro improvement but if I pay attention, it’s there. My therapist says he’ll have on the mound pitching in no time if I just do what he tells me. That’s pretty impressive considering I’ve never been a pitcher.

Comment

The pain is very temp. Stabilize for the time period the Dr says. After that start crawling your fingers stretching it out on a table or whatever they tell you to do. Do it as much as you can- start walking today and get your blood pumping through body. Walk a couple times a day for at least 15 minutes- You will be better than new quickly

Comment

Working...
      X