Rubber boot recommendations needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubber boot recommendations needed

I am looking for a good pair of rubber boots. I need them to be at least 17 inches tall, secure fit so they don't slip around while hunting all day. I would like to keep it below $150 as they will likely only be used for a few days at Powderhorn WMA. I have looked at some Muck boots at Tractor Supply, but they really didn't feel secure. Any sporting goods stores carry a good variety to try on? I have a month to find a pair, so I'm not against ordering some and having to send them back either.

Lacrosse alpha burly

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Cabela’s had the LaCrosse AlphaBurly Pro Hunters on sale a couple weeks back for $100. I ordered a pair myself. I don’t know if they’re still on sale but worth a look. They seem to fit pretty true to size. I haven’t worn them yet other than to try on.

Comment

If hunting is in your blood, then our boots should be on your feet. They're built for absolute durability & comfort in the harshest conditions & terrains.

cant go wrong with any of these. I have the Burly regular old rubber boots and they work great. Not insulated, but tall and waterproof.

Comment

lacross, anything else is just cheaper,

Comment

even though they aren't a secure fit, I still like the Muck boots much better than any of the others I've tried. Not sure which ones I have but I thought they were way more comfortable than any of the other brands I tried. I've hiked several miles in them at one time while scouting without any issues.

Comment

I just bought the Lacrosse Aplha burly Pro 1600gram boots for $124 at Midway.com

Comment

I have a pair of Irish Setter by Red Wing rubber boots that have a camo neoprene top that I absolutely love. They fit great and are super comfortable.

Comment

No such thing as good and cheap. If you want good rubber boots you want Gumleaf, https://www.gumleafusa.com/ They're actually rubber boots. Everything else is cheap junk that contains more clay than rubber. Lacrosse is junk too.

Comment

I have had my “junk” Lacrosse for over 10 years...
                    They work for my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      I have had my “junk” Lacrosse for over 10 years...
                      They work for my needs.
                      Congrats on getting them to last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                        I have a pair of Irish Setter by Red Wing rubber boots that have a camo neoprene top that I absolutely love. They fit great and are super comfortable.
                        Love mine, the sole is finally starting to separate but got a good 7 years out of them.

Comment

Been rocking a couple pairs of Magellan knee boots lately. Very comfortable to wear all day. I have both insulated and non insulated. My brother just got a pair of snake proof knee boots from them as well. Priced right about where you are looking if I remember

Comment

Gumleaf's will spoil you.

Comment

Thank you all for the replies!

Comment

Working...
                              X