Ammo Resellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammo Resellers

What is your guys thoughts on the mostly older guys that are retired and are waiting in line at academy and the likes to buy up all the ammo to then go resell it.

Just walked in a pawn shop to graze for a minute on the way by and there was a guy in there selling about 30 boxes of misc brand new ammo. I overheard the conversation and he was a regular i could tell by the conversations he was reselling it to the pawn shop. I could tell it wasnt a collection he was chatting about how he had waited in line for 2 hrs and just picked it up blah blah blah.

Made me want to walk up and tear him a new one for doing this. Dont get me wrong i have no problem buying and reselling but there's a difference when there is a known shortage..

It just lets you know who not to do business with. Ticks me off too but there's enough suckers to keep them going so have at it.

Comment

I agree with you. But, people like that are the reason for the shortage. Along with the hoarders.
      It is self induced, just like the covid19 toilet paper shortage.
      Last edited by bigjohntex; 10-05-2020, 09:42 AM.

Comment

what pawn shop?

Comment

he has to have paid retail i am assuming, so that means he marked it up, in turn shop is marking it up....crazy....

Comment

We live in a Free Market economy (thank God). While I find it distasteful, I would not support a government regulation of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
              We live in a Free Market economy (thank God). While I find it distasteful, I would not support a government regulation of the process.
              I completely agree! But its aggrevating in cases like this and the Toilet paper raid.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                he has to have paid retail i am assuming, so that means he marked it up, in turn shop is marking it up....crazy....
                Its over toward white oak. And yep i usually just buy tools in there as they will make me some smoking deals on large oilfield tools and big sockets etc. Occasionally ill look at old guns that have come in and there prices arent to bad but i would be scared to see what his ammo prices are..

Comment

There was a gun shop down the road from Bass Pro shops that was sent all of their employees there when there was a gun shortage. When the doors opened up their employees with purchase rifles shotguns and pistols. They would then sell them at the other gun shop Add a marked up price

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                    There was a gun shop down the road from Bass Pro shops that was sent all of their employees there when there was a gun shortage. When the doors opened up their employees with purchase rifles shotguns and pistols. They would then sell them at the other gun shop Add a marked up price
                    That isn't is exactly legal

Comment

It's low class greedy behavior.

Comment

Just think it’s crazy people buy up all this ammo for what reason? World coming to an end? They think Biden will make the .223 round illegal? Just seems these people are doing this to themselves and it’s hurting the people that actually shoot. I haven’t seen any increase in people at the range shooting or anything either

Comment

My thoughts are the people who are paying these marked up prices are the fools. I am refusing to buy ammo at the price some people have it listed online.

Because I loaded up prior and can wait it out.

AND I got better things to do with my time then make $5-10 a box and waiting in line and all the time spent.

Comment

I don't know how much they are actually buying, because most every place has 2-3 box limits on everything that is popular

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                              I don't know how much they are actually buying, because most every place has 2-3 box limits on everything that is popular
                              Kinda what i was wondering but this guy had 30-40 boxes. so who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X