Crossbow ???'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossbow ???'s

I have a few questions pertaining to crossbows. I'm really thinking of picking one up because my dad might come with me to my lease this year. He has never shot a bow and at 77, I don't see him picking it up. I would like to get something for him and maybe my daughter or other guest to use. Saying that, I believe the adjustable stock is important. A few question

1. Does the psychical weight of the crossbow give you any advantage. I picked up a few, and they seem awful heavy & unbalanced.

I would like a narrow axle - axle bow, but I don't plan on buying anything top end like a Ravin or High End Ten-Point.

2. Does anyone have any experience with the CenterPoint Amped 415 or the BearX Constrictor. I really like the Wicked Ridge M-370 but it is a little more than I want to spend.

Thanks for any info & advise

I’ve heard lots of good things about the Centerpoint but I have no actual experience. If you go on AT in the crossbow section, they have specific brand sub forums. You’ll probably find the answers you need there.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Carry, I have a Ravin R29X. I went an shot both the R26 (Sweet, narrow, and light) and R29 at a shop before ordering the R29X. They are pretty much made for off hand shooting with their center of balance. And are very light compared to my "other X-bow". Great triggers too! I may still get a R26 cause I just like the little thing. Easy to maneuver. But unlike it's bigger brothers, the bolt protrudes 2" out the front when cocked. It is recessed on the other Ravin models when cocked. And the lower rail on the R26 is extremely short limiting to what you can add or carry underneath.

The R10 and R20 are basically the same bows. Just different limbs for power. They are a little more weight forward. The only difference in R29 and R29X are the bushings, bearings, and limb power. But basically the same dimensions. Ravin has a couple of older models called the R9 and R15. But I'm not sure what the specs are on those two.

My "other x-bow" is a CX Intercept Supercoil that is no longer made. It's a beast to lug around.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Carry, I have a Ravin R29X. I went an shot both the R26 (Sweet, narrow, and light) and R29 at a shop before ordering the R29X. They are pretty much made for off hand shooting with their center of balance. And are very light compared to my "other X-bow". Great triggers too! I may still get a R26 cause I just like the little thing. Easy to maneuver. But unlike it's bigger brothers, the bolt protrudes 2" out the front when cocked. It is recessed on the other Ravin models when cocked. And the lower rail on the R26 is extremely short limiting to what you can add or carry underneath.

The R10 and R20 are basically the same bows. Just different limbs for power. They are a little more weight forward. The only difference in R29 and R29X are the bushings, bearings, and limb power. But basically the same dimensions. Ravin has a couple of older models called the R9 and R15. But I'm not sure what the specs are on those two.

My "other x-bow" is a CX Intercept Supercoil that is no longer made. It's a beast to lug around.
          I ended up getting a Ten Point Nitro X. It is a reversed limb bow and is well balanced. Rated 440FPS. Also very narrow when chocked, only 7 inches

Comment

That's a great X-bow Carey! I'm familiar with it. Yall should have lots of fun with it. Get a tripod for it and anybody can shoot it.
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-19-2020, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X