X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda gensets are second to none.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
      So, how big a genny is needed to run everything in a camper with two a/c's. Lots of the "RV ready" ones are in the 3500 to 4000w range. Doesn't seem like quite enough. Also, are the inverter gens the way to go? Thanks
      Depends on the size of your AC units but I don't see you running both of them with a 3000-3500W generator.

Comment

2 A/C's, don't think a 3500KW genny will handle that. Honda makes an EU6500i... I have one and it is super-quiet like the small ones. It ran my whole house during Ike except for the big A/C. Used fans and window unit at night, and it did just fine.

Comment

My motor home uses about 35 amps when both AC are running. I would think you need a 4 kw if you want to run everything.

Comment

As someone noted, I would run two e2000 in parallel. They are quiet, lite, and if one goes down you have a back up for lights and a frig. The Honda 3500 is heavy and I found will not run everything at start up. You have phase the start up.

Comment

Also, the Honda's are very easy to clean the carbs if you get junk in the fuel.

Comment

First ? I have is are you talkin 110 or 220....what size AC and how many /is water heater elect/microwave/do you use elect heat..With out that info its a Big ?????

Comment

I have the eu3000. It's def quiet, but even on our pop up, when the AC would kick on, it would sometimes overload the generator if we anything on besides the AC. It was only a 10k AC unit.

We now have dual 13.5k AC units on our TT, and I think at a min, we will have to run dual EU3000's.

Comment

Honda. I’ve had a Honda 4500 for over 20 years. No telling how many hours are on it. Cranked it Tuesday still runs perfect.

Comment

I have had the Honda 2000 and the 6500 for years and no problems with either my 6500 is set up to run gas or propane.

Go Honda

Comment

I just purchased the Westinghouse iGen4500 this week. Supposed to be here on Wednesday. I wanted a Honda but just couldn't make myself pay for them. I got the Westinghouse on sale for $766. It is supposed to be really quite and should handle my needs. i have a 12K window unit in my cabin and then just light and normal charging of cell phone etc.
                        Will let you know what i think, as i need to break it in and plan on doing so when it comes in.

Comment

Love my Honda 2000. Extremely quiet and ultra reliable. I mainly have it as last resort power for my slide in truck camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know about generators, but we bought a honda lawn mower with a honda engine that crapped out in less than a year. I've since lost faith in air cooled honda engines.

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                              I don't know about generators, but we bought a honda lawn mower with a honda engine that crapped out in less than a year. I've since lost faith in air cooled honda engines.

There's always gotta be one... No company is perfect, but Honda's air cooled engine has hands down the best track record there is in that market. I have a honda hydrostatic lawnmower that has to be 15 years old, and tho she smokes a bit when started, she'll crank on the first or second pull and still mows like a champ... Don't let one bad apple turn you off Honda engines.

Comment

Working...
                              X