Plumbing Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plumbing Help

What are the standard size on brass bits under neath to secure bathroom faucet? They are 3/4 thread on but what is the OD
    Looking for a socket to break loose these brass nuts
    They are larger than 1” as that’s the largest I have

They make a tool called a basin wrench. It will reach ur to those hard to get to areas.

Comment

Yeah what size? Metric? Standard? I’ve got 3/8 & 1/2” extension drive

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
        Yeah what size? Metric? Standard? I’ve got 3/8 & 1/2” extension drive
        Basin wrench is universal. It's $10-15 at your local hardware store.

Comment

It’s 1&1/8” but couldn’t bust it loose. Too corroded

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
            It’s 1&1/8” but couldn’t bust it loose. Too corroded

I had to cut mine out with a dremal tool .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
              I had to cut mine out with a dremal tool .
              Yep I hear ya
              Planning to drill it off on each side cause I’m replacing with new faucet with plastic nuts

Comment

I was a repair plumber for 40 years , if you can’t get them lose with a basin wrench, I,ve used a pipe wrench on the basin wrench , but I,ve had use I. Sawzall to cut them off from the top . Just tear it apart and be careful not to scratch your sink, I,m in College Station area , if you’re close and need help, I,m retired and could help there’s a lot of different ways like was said before, a socket wrench with a extension works good too

Comment

Originally posted by dimeboxbill View Post
                  I was a repair plumber for 40 years , if you can’t get them lose with a basin wrench, I,ve used a pipe wrench on the basin wrench , but I,ve had use I. Sawzall to cut them off from the top . Just tear it apart and be careful not to scratch your sink, I,m in College Station area , if you’re close and need help, I,m retired and could help there’s a lot of different ways like was said before, a socket wrench with a extension works good too
                  Appreciate it
                  I’m in Tyler
                  I’ll drill it off. I ain’t worried about messing threads up on existing faucet as I have a new one. I’m bound & determine to get that sucker off one way or another

Comment

Working...
                  X