Sunglasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunglasses

I just had cataract surgery in Feb. 2/4 was the right eye 2/20 was the left. As I heal vision is getting better and everything is really bright. Looking for some decent sunglasses that won't break the bank as in the best bang for my buck. Costa and Oakley will be too high and not considered. Hate paying high prices for a name. TIA

Costies are like 100 bucks on amazon. If that’s outta budget then try the dollar store

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
        Costies are like 100 bucks on amazon. If that’s outta budget then try the dollar store
        $100.00 is not out of my budget but why pay 100.00 for a 25.00 pair of sunglasses just because they say Costa. I looked at there low end sunglasses.

Comment

I can afford whatever glasses I want. Ive had Maui's, Oakley's etc...I'm too rough for that crap.

I found some ballistics glasses at Walmart, bought a pair and they are scratch resistant and have lasted where the expensive crap doesn't. I use them out in the field, flying, driving, ranch work.

$4 at Walmart. it works.

Comment

Check out https://shadyrays.com/

I purchased a pair for fishing so I can just throw it around. They have awesome warranty too, even if you lose them!

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
              $100.00 is not out of my budget but why pay 100.00 for a 25.00 pair of sunglasses just because they say Costa. I looked at there low end sunglasses.
              If you believe expensive sunglasses are the same as cheap ones, other than the name on the side, why not just stick with the lower end?

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                because warranty and made in USA?

Comment

There is a huge difference and I'll always buy the best I can afford for my eyes.

Comment

Having family members that work in the eye care industry, it was drilled into my brain not so skimp on sunglasses.

That being said -- I've been wearing a pair of rayban classic wayfarers for about 4 years now, and I don't know that I've ever loved a pair of glasses so much in my life. Totally worth the money.

Comment

Quality sunglasses make a huge difference in protecting your eyes. Spend the money on some good ones or you can complain about your eyesight deteriorating more quickly again in a couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        because warranty and made in USA?
                        I had 2 pair of Costa 580g glasses crack will sitting in the case they came in. Both were in my truck in the summer and likely the heat broke the lenses. 1 lens in each pair. They wanted nearly full price to replace them. What is the point in warranty again?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterlo70 View Post
                          Check out https://shadyrays.com/

I purchased a pair for fishing so I can just throw it around. They have awesome warranty too, even if you lose them!
                          Thanks for the info. I went on their web site. They had some pretty good looking stuff. Reviews were really great too. Lifetime warranty including replacements for lost sunglasses. I ended up ordering two pair since the second pair was 1/2 off. I will let you know how I like em.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                            I had 2 pair of Costa 580g glasses crack will sitting in the case they came in. Both were in my truck in the summer and likely the heat broke the lenses. 1 lens in each pair. They wanted nearly full price to replace them. What is the point in warranty again?
                            Lets see.

I bought a pair on steep and cheap for like 80 bucks. Then the rubber went bad so I sent them in. Costa emailed and said discontinued frames. Pick another pair.

Now I have a pair of harpoon that at the time cost 249. For 14 bucks in shipping.

Wife had a pair fall off her head and break the glass. Toatally her fault. New lenses on both sides for shipping.

Guess my point is they covered mine

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                              I can afford whatever glasses I want. Ive had Maui's, Oakley's etc...I'm too rough for that crap.

I found some ballistics glasses at Walmart, bought a pair and they are scratch resistant and have lasted where the expensive crap doesn't. I use them out in the field, flying, driving, ranch work.

$4 at Walmart. it works.
                              Boy I bet they are really good for 4 dollars. Do they have a white frame?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X