Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Pernell;8352557]
    Originally posted by TWP View Post
    Hey guys, I tried some of these boots on today, they fit really well and they looked to be well made. Anyone wear these or any other Zamberlan boots???

http://www.zamberlanusa.com/catalog/...d=209&idcat=17[/QUOTE

Thats what I use, I have 2 pair I take elk hunting with me. I alternate days. Best boot on the market imo.
    Yelp I actually take my zamberlans 8" and my Columbia peak freaks.

Love my zamberlans but they are heavy. If I have a day where I'm covering a ton of country(not with full pack) im in my peak freaks
    Last edited by Texans42; 03-11-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

1006 VIOZ PLUS GTX RR WL

These are what I have.

Comment

THe new Kuiu bags went up for pre order today.. They look sick!!! For someone like me they are the perfect bag.. A lower price point in a great lightweight pack..

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
          THe new Kuiu bags went up for pre order today.. They look sick!!! For someone like me they are the perfect bag.. A lower price point in a great lightweight pack..
          http://kuiu.yourbrandlive.com/c/ultra_pack_system/
          I was driving to Denver and trying to get the feed sent to my truck radio, just to listen to it while I was driving. Not much reception between Texline and Clayton, NM. ha ha ha

Comment

QUOTE=TWP;8367807]I was driving to Denver and trying to get the feed sent to my truck radio, just to listen to it while I was driving. Not much reception between Texline and Clayton, NM. ha ha ha[/QUOTE]

I got stuck in a hell of a hail storm a couple year ago same road but west of Clayton.

I watched the live broadcast. The new pack is changing my mind on carbon frames, the price point is going to make it a top choice for many people, I was shocked at the price actually. its 100-200 cheaper then I expected. Really a hell of a deal. The bags are simple no thrill solutions. I can't see how kuiu is making any money on those packs at that price.

Exo mountain gear just released finial specs and pre- order pricing on their pack. Its another great option

I

Comment

I have/had 2 KUIU packs. I liked them both. Part of what I liked about them was all the pockets. These new packs do look interesting. The 3000 with frame looks like a very good day pack with meat hauling capabilities.

I bit the bullet and am going Kifaru. My Nomad bag and LH lid should ship this week. I already have a bikini frame. I spent a heck of allot more than this new KUIU though.

Comment

I pre-ordered exo pack. I think I'm still a little rough on gear for carbon fiber frame. Still blows my mind the new kuiu pack is cheaper then exo though.

I'm not much of a pocket guy, I use small compression sacks for everything

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
                  I have/had 2 KUIU packs. I liked them both. Part of what I liked about them was all the pockets. These new packs do look interesting. The 3000 with frame looks like a very good day pack with meat hauling capabilities.

I bit the bullet and am going Kifaru. My Nomad bag and LH lid should ship this week. I already have a bikini frame. I spent a heck of allot more than this new KUIU though.
                  What bag did you use on your Bikini before?

I have a Bikini and Tmberline 1. The Nomad does look interesting, as does the EMR II.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    What bag did you use on your Bikini before?

I have a Bikini and Tmberline 1. The Nomad does look interesting, as does the EMR II.

Nothing yet...I bought it off a guy on Rokslide.

I was looking for a day pack with heavy load hauling capabilities. My Elk hunt last year and hopefully this year are base camp style hunts. I used a Kuiu 7000 last year and it did fine but that is just too much volume even though it will compress well. I decided to go Kifaru and got a good deal on the frame, some pockets and a grabit. Was going to get a BT3 bag and then they came out with the Nomad. I am hoping, with it's flexibility, I will be able to use 1 pack for low volume day hunts and simply add to it for pack in hunts.

Comment

Nothing yet...I bought it off a guy on Rokslide.

I was looking for a day pack with heavy load hauling capabilities. My Elk hunt last year and hopefully this year are base camp style hunts. I used a Kuiu 7000 last year and it did fine but that is just too much volume even though it will compress well. I decided to go Kifaru and got a good deal on the frame, some pockets and a grabit. Was going to get a BT3 bag and then they came out with the Nomad. I am hoping, with it's flexibility, I will be able to use 1 pack for low volume day hunts and simply add to it for pack in hunts.
                      Yeah, the Nomad looks great for that.

If you don't already, get you a couple of belt pouches. Handier than a pocket on a shirt. Cell phone/GPS, elk calls, radio, etc. all right there when you need them. I also got their set of five pull outs. Will be getting more of those.

Comment

Just bought the new Kuiu. Couldn't see dropping the coin on that Kirfaru.

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
                          Just bought the new Kuiu. Couldn't see dropping the coin on that Kirfaru.
                          Ha...3000 or 6000?

After you get it let's meet up and compare our new packs.

Comment

Which bag size?

Comment

I've got my Eberlestock for sale in the classifieds.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=445072
                              Last edited by coonazz; 03-13-2014, 07:03 AM.

Comment

I have both the kuiu and the kifaru and I like the kifaru frame and suspension a lot more than the kuiu. Now the kuiu bag I like a lot more, had some issues with my stiching on the kifaru T2 bag and had to have some of it restiched last year after my Colorado hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X