No announcement yet.

Life Hacks - Let's Hear 'em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the locals came stumbling through the front door. His wife said in a loud voice. “Drunk again!” He answered. “Yea me too!” Might be worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
      If you have a screw stripped out in wood , push a couple of toothpicks in the hole and break them off. Then drive the screw back in , it will be like new.
      I’ve always glued a piece of a wooden dowel in the screw hole. The next day, (or after the glue sets up), you can drill a small pilot hole and then set the screw.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
        I saw one today.

I was on my way home and saw some guys that had a good system for getting their job done. They were pulling some fiber optic cable for something through a horizontal hole, underground.

The system they came up with, that I have not seen before was, they a mini excavator or track hoe. They used the hole to lift the left side tracks off the ground, then wrapped the strap they had hooked to the cable or whatever they were pulling, around the left side tracks. Then had a guy put the left side tracks in reverse and used the excavator as a winch. They were pulling that cable through that hole, quick.

They wrapped the strap around the tracks once, then had a guy pulling and the strap as the tracks were going.

Its all fun and games until you break the fiber midspan. Or get it through but have individual broken fibers you dont know about.

Comment

This is my go to tool for cutting fresh avocados. One tool does it all. Serrated and sharp enough to cut and de-seed and slice, flip it over and use smooth edge to de-skin avocado.

Sold under names like butter spreader.

Comment

Tried to read thru most to see if this was here but:
            Shredding chicken that you’ve boiled or cooked……put the chicken (boneless, I’ve never tried bone in) in a bowl and use an electric mixer to shred it. We have a big kitchen aide stand mixer so this takes about 30 seconds for four chicken breasts. Shreds your chicken as fine as you like for tacos or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
            X