Generac whole home generator thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generac whole home generator thread

With as many folks looking to have a Generac whole home generator installed , call me first if you are within reason to Huntsville or Magnolia ( Hr or so )
    I am really good friends with the guys that own Texas Star Propane and will have them set up a promotion for TBH . If they have to become a site sponsor to help y’all out I’m sure they would not mind as they are Hunters as well .
    I will not speak on behalf of any of the other companies out there as I know you get what you pay for and I’ll just leave it at that .
    Either way even if you don’t buy one from them ,let me know if I can help .
    Trey @ 936-444-6143

pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been studying on getting one for years.
      Now this happened I bet the price will go up and the waiting list longer

Comment

Livingston too far? Having trouble finding a company up here...

Comment

I would like a quote for sure. In Katy.

Comment

I'd rate Kohler up there, if not better than the Generacs just in case any TBH'ers want to go that route. My electrician I use gave me a quote and installed it 2 days later. If anyone in the Houston/Conroe want to go this route, shoot me a pm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would be in for a TBH group buy. I am in Tomball.

Comment

Im game

Comment

Anyone who does this make sure you understand what you are buying and what the limitations are. A 22kw generator is not large enough to completely power an entire house with a typical 200A service.

You will need to selectively decide what loads you can and don’t want to go without. The term “whole house” is a bit misleading. Also understand what the fuel consumption rate is, especially if you will be on propane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Anyone who does this make sure you understand what you are buying and what the limitations are. A 22kw generator is not large enough to completely power an entire house with a typical 200A service.

You will need to selectively decide what loads you can and don’t want to go without. The term “whole house” is a bit misleading. Also understand what the fuel consumption rate is, especially if you will be on propane.

You are correct , that’s why I will never quote or size a generator over the phone as each home is different and each family has different priorities . Also are you on Gas or electric appliances / heat plays a big role . There are variables for sure and that’s why they put together a package that works for your needs and budget . Thanks ....

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKET View Post
                      You are correct , that’s why I will never quote or size a generator over the phone as each home is different and each family has different priorities . Also are you on Gas or electric appliances / heat plays a big role . There are variables for sure and that’s why they put together a package that works for your needs and budget . Thanks ....
                      This is exactly it....

My 8500 watt portable generator can run my entire house with a winter outage. But not able to do that and run the central AC during the summer. I have to run a couple portable AC units.

I have all NG appliances though. NG central heater, dryer, range, tankless water heater, etc.

J

Comment

I’d be interested in a group buy.

Comment

Tagged and following. Moving next month into a house in the Spring/Woodlands area.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKET View Post

[emoji1303]

Comment

In cypress
                              Would like group quote

Comment

Working...
                              X