Spray Foam Insulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray Foam Insulation

I am currently getting some spray foam insulation quotes for my 24x30 metal building with 14’ sidewalls. I was considering 2” closed cell for the vapor barrier but not sure if it is necessary or not. Shop is located in Lampasas if anyone on here is in this line of work I would be interested in a quote for closed cell. Does anyone in the central Texas area have a shop that has had 1” closed cell and had moistures issues inside? Thanks for the help in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1-1.5" on exterior walls should be fine. Do 2" on roof. If air conditioning the building that could change things. Closed cell is approx. R7 per inch. Too far from us on that size building or I would send you a bid.

Comment

Originally posted by mfarmer View Post
      1-1.5" on exterior walls should be fine. Do 2" on roof. If air conditioning the building that could change things. Closed cell is approx. R7 per inch. Too far from us on that size building or I would send you a bid.

Ok thank you sir, not sure if I am going to air condition it at all

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I did closed cell on mine but I’m putting in a mini-split. I’m also on the coast and wanted to keep humidity out as much as possible.

Comment

I’m no expert but according to my builder, it supposedly takes at least 1.5” closed cell to act as a true moisture/vapor barrier.
            I would definitely use 2” of closed cell...at least in the roof. It will obviously help with regard to the R value and temperature standpoint as well. We went with 2” closed cell in the roof and 1” on the walls. Closed cell is the way to go. You won’t believe how much more structural support it will give the building as well. It really tightens things up.

Comment

Spray Foam Insulation

The main thing about using closed cell is to make sure you have some type ventilation. Without it you will be fighting the mildew and mold issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                The main thing about using closed cell is to make sure you have some type ventilation. Without it you will be fighting the mildew and mold issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok we have three 24x36 windows that will stay open a majority of the time because they are under the lean too and will probably run some fans, not sure if that is enough

Comment

Tagged for reading past my tagg��

Comment

Good spray guy will usually always give 1 1/2” for the 1” price to cover his butt on thickness!
                    DFW area 1.10-1.20 $ per surface ft.
                    Prob $1.50 for 2”.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                      I did closed cell on mine but I’m putting in a mini-split. I’m also on the coast and wanted to keep humidity out as much as possible.

You did 2”?

Comment

I did 2” on the walls and 3” on the ceiling. They owner of the company that did it talked me out of 3” all the way around. He said they do 3” for walk in freezers and it would be a waste

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                          I did 2” on the walls and 3” on the ceiling. They owner of the company that did it talked me out of 3” all the way around. He said they do 3” for walk in freezers and it would be a waste

Ok yeh nobody has suggested I need anything more than 2”, right now best quote I have received is $4100 throughout for 2” closed cell.

Comment

I just got a quote for 2" closed cell on my 24 x 31 with 10' sides came out to $6,400!

Comment

I’m in Waco and on my 24x24 my guy did 2 inches closed on the sides, about 1/4 to a 1/2 on top. Then about 6 inches open up top. I have several people say yay or nay to doing it that way but it’s been fantastic so far- my window unit made it an icebox in the summer in about 15 minutes..... All in it was $1600. I shopped the hell out of it.

9 ft wall height

Comment

Working...
                              X