wood arrow buying questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wood arrow buying questions

I was thinking about buying some new arrows and I wanted to get a little input. I want wood arrows. I have never bought completed wood arrows. I have either made them or inherited them.

I want an arrow that can be used for target practice, but also is long enough to put a broadhead on it. I want these arrows for my long bow. My longbow is 55# at 28". My comfortable draw length is 28", but if I try, I can get a 29" draw. It is most comfortable at 28".

What length should I get? Should I get them long so that I can shorten it while tuning the arrows to the bow?

What poundage range should I get 50/55 or 55/60?

I was thinking 55/60 and cutting them long so I can have something to work with, but I saw somewhere that 60/65 was recommended for my setup.

Is there a diameter preference, or is that standard based on the spine of the arrow?

The broadhead I have used forever on my trad is the zwickey eskimo in 125 gr.

Where should I look for arrows? I thought about buying a test pack from 3Rivers, I thought about buying from one of you guys, and I thought about going to Smithfield because I have heard they let you try them out before you buy them.

I have one that someone gave me in the past year that shoots so good, but I don't know where it came from. I would love to have a dozen of those.

If you are in Weatherford, you need to get in touch with Wyatt Webb or Jeff Murray. They are in the DFW area somewhere but I do not have their contact info. I bet someone at Smithfield can probably get you in touch with one or both of them. Both of these guys build wood arrows for sale and can probably get you what you need.

Bisch

Comment

I am pretty sure Wyatt Webb's arrows are sold at Smithfield Archery.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
        I am pretty sure Wyatt Webb's arrows are sold at Smithfield Archery.
        Well, there you go! Call Smithfield and get Wyatt's number and then call him. He can help you to make sure you get the right shaft for your setup.

Bisch

Comment

Get a hold of bountyhunter here, and let him set you up.

Comment

Wyatt or Jeffro . You can pm Jeffro here on tbh. Jeffro is his screen name.

Comment

Working...
            X