Arrow help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow help

Got a sarrels sierra longbow awhile back and needs some advise on where to start with the arrows. its 50# and 64" my draw lenth is about 27-28. the arrows that i have are beman mfx classic 500s at 9.7gpi. but ive also got the easton HIT inserts either 50 or 75gr. this is the first time buying arrows for this bow and new to traditional archery and want to get the arrows tuned right.

thanks

How long are the arrows and how much tip weight do you plan on using? You can use either stu millers spine calculator or three rivers archery has one both online to get you in the ballpark

Comment

The arrows are uncut in the box bare shaft.

Comment

I don't know if I should use the 75gr inserts and 100gr heads or 75gr inserts and 125 gr heads or what.

Comment

Originally posted by chackworth3 View Post
          How long are the arrows and how much tip weight do you plan on using? You can use either stu millers spine calculator or three rivers archery has one both online to get you in the ballpark
          This ^^^^^ plus this: http://acsbows.com/bowtuning.html will help get your arrows setup at what they should be.

Comment

Working...
          X