New stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New stand

Got up off the ground. Thick woods south of me. Several heavy used trails and a few rubs. Corn/roasted soybeans to my left. Have a couple shooting lanes. Wind is gonna be perfect today.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Looks good. You'll like that way better than being on the ground.

Comment

That’s going to be a Great vantage point. I’d much rather be up high than on the ground.

Comment

Nice setup. Good luck

Comment

Saw one young doe this morning so far. No shot

View from the stand

Comment

Looks like the strap may be on wrong. Hard to tell. One reason they can be dangerous

Straps go on top and “x” behind tree and tie off on opposite side down low. Then mid brace is strapped to the tree.... then you can climb to secure the top

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              Looks like the strap may be on wrong. Hard to tell. One reason they can be dangerous

Straps go on top and “x” behind tree and tie off on opposite side down low. Then mid brace is strapped to the tree.... then you can climb to secure the top
              Yeah, looks like it, LF. Good observation!

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
                Yeah, looks like it, LF. Good observation!
                Not sure I understand what yall are talking about....I put it up the way we always do... with exception being i had to run strap around and to the ladder because the one strap I had was too short to go around tree.

But I am always willing to learn something new, especially if it is safer.

Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                  Not sure I understand what yall are talking about....I put it up the way we always do... with exception being i had to run strap around and to the ladder because the one strap I had was too short to go around tree.

Thx!

How did you strap the top on? You climb up and strap it with the only connection being center brace?

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post

Thx!

If the top is not anchored properly it can and will collapse. Ladder will slide out from the tree and platform straight down.

Straps should connect near base of ladder and go behind tree to top of platform. Left side ladder strap attach to right Side platform hook. Right side ladder strap connect to left side platform hook. Hope my pic helps but not the best drawing.

Seat will have strap hooks. Platform and ladder will have 2 straps that connect to one another. Tree brace I also put a strap where you have yours for extra safety so it doesn’t move.
                    Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]1025164[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        How did you strap the top on? You climb up and strap it with the only connection being center brace?
                        Strap around tree that attaches to seat.

Comment

Some of yall have crazy observation skills....

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                            If the top is not anchored properly it can and will collapse. Ladder will slide out from the tree and platform straight down.

Straps should connect near base of ladder and go behind tree to top of platform. Left side ladder strap attach to right Side platform hook. Right side ladder strap connect to left side platform hook. Hope my pic helps but not the best drawing.

Seat will have strap hooks. Platform and ladder will have 2 straps that connect to one another. Tree brace I also put a strap where you have yours for extra safety so it doesn’t move.
                            I've never had one that came with more than a strap for the seat that went around the tree and one for the brace on the ladder......makes sense tho. Ill see if I can get a couple more straps and fix it.

Comment

So if it has straps that go around and come down low, that would make it a lot safer crawling up there and attaching strap to seat....learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
                              X