2020 Blackland Prairies Thread Navarro, Hill, Ellis, Freestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosquitos!!
    Wasn’t planning to see much during hunt times. Too hot and too many acorns on the ground.

Comment

You ain’t kidding about mosquitoes! They were awful this past weekend. Thermocell was the only thing that saved me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone seeing their bucks splitting up. I only have single bucks on camera the last few days. When I do have more than one they are fighting. Seems earlier this year by at least a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
          Anyone seeing their bucks splitting up. I only have single bucks on camera the last few days. When I do have more than one they are fighting. Seems earlier this year by at least a couple of weeks.
          I don’t think it’s that early really, usually for me I start seeing some new bucks show up last couple weeks of October. That usually tells me they are splitting up and finding new ground. I still had several bucks hanging together as of this last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            I don’t think it’s that early really, usually for me I start seeing some new bucks show up last couple weeks of October. That usually tells me they are splitting up and finding new ground. I still had several bucks hanging together as of this last weekend.
            Really? We usually see that about mid November. Mine have really split in the last few of days. This is time I really dont like. It is the in between portion. When they are grouped up I know where they are gonna be and when they are chasing does I pretty much know where they are gonna be as well.

Comment

It’s def a tough time, not super active because of weather still, acorns are falling and everything is still very green. Lots of food everywhere and not interested in the ladies yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                We had deer moving all weekend. Had 8 bucks in front of us last night for about 45min. I shot the buck I was after Saturday morning at 9:30.

My buddy shot his this morning at 8:30ish.

Your buddys buck shares some very interesting characteristics with the buck i shot last year. Id be interested in knowing where he was shot. Sending PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  Me and daughter are gonna roll out for a pm hunt today, mainly looking for pigs. It’s gonna be hot for sure. Was out yesterday and it’s getting dry already, some of my food plot growth is getting yellow leaves. Avon’s are raining down every where. I’d like to get a windy thunderstorm to get some rain and knock down the acorns. Prob won’t get good for us for a few more weeks.
                  Next week's weather forecast is shaping up to be a good one. Cold and rainy Mon-Wed.
                  I'm sort of in a mind boggle as I haven't seen but a couple of deer on camera. The neighbor next door did a lot of clearing of the bottom land field him to run his cows on.
                  I believe that was the #1 bedding area for most of the does and bucks. He doesn't hunt and the deer probably have been on his place nice and quiet for years. My property floods every spring and gets accessible around July/August. I just started putting in food plots a few years ago and have attracted a good amount of deer, except this year.
                  Hope things change soon as I have a 12 year old girl wanting to take her first deer this season.

Comment

Rattled in a spike this morning and that’s it. Very little sign and cameras back that up. Be back out in a few weeks.

Comment

Finally got some does and one buck showing up on camera. I set up in the ladder stand this evening hoping to get a doe as they have been at one of the feeders the past 2 days. Apparently I forgot to send the invite as nothing showed.

Comment

We sat in a high visibility spot this evening and saw one doe with twins. Our numbers are pretty low so we don’t shoot any doe. Camera activity has been a little better last week but still tons of acorns on the ground and still really green everywhere. Now with this little rain I don’t think hunting in our area will be good for a couple more weeks especially if we can get some frosty weather soon to kill off some vegetation and the acorns. Will for some. I have 2-3 shooters hanging around. Just gotta catch then. I’ll prob try to do some rattling and maybe use a decoy soon.

Comment

My daughter got it done this morning on her target buck. Story in this thread.

Comment

Good movement lately. Couple good buck fights and big deer looking. Get out there if you can

Comment

I’m the stand now, weather and wind is great. On a hand corn spot. Forgot my antlers so no rattling today I guess

Comment

We’re seeing pretty good buck movement over the last few days. Taking this kids out this weekend to try to connect on something.

Comment

Working...
                                X