Covid and Treatments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid and Treatments

Curious what you did for treatment when you had covid? What would you do differently?

I took ivermectin, d3 vitamins and zinc. I should have taken the ivermectin earlier than i did but it definitely helped.

Comment

ivermectin
      z-pac
      steroid inhaler, cant remember the drug
      zinc
      d3
      c
      monoclonal antibodies the day i tested positive luckily

not sure i would have done anything differently. my fever was gone by 7pm the day i tested positive, i was a little achy and had a slight headache for 3-4 days.

i stayed outside as much as i could and walked 2-3 miles almost everyday.

i am congested year round and it got worse while i had covid. i have noticed that its been worse than usual since i got covid though, i have taken, and still take everything daily and nothing helps.
      Last edited by jshouse; 12-04-2021, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Ivermectin

Comment

My Dr called in iver, benzonatate incase we gr cough, and albuteral.

Didn't need any of them, all we got was stuffy noses

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool, I have it now and am on the 3rd day of Ivermectin. Doing well with it but I dont think I drank enough water this morning bc im dizzy right now. Also hammering the Vtm D & Vtm C along with lots of Zinc. Also added some cough meds for the minor dry cough.

Comment

I took zinc and some vitamin C. Drank lots of Gatorade and water. In 9 days I only ate 6 pieces of toast. I was kinda miserable for those 9 days, but on day 10 I all of the sudden felt like a brand new man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn’t have it but my son did. I played Dr dad and stayed home with him (self quarantine and worked from home).

He took vitamins c and d3, zinc and Mucinex. He took ibuprofen if/when he had fever. I didn’t let him lay in bed, had him up and moving, at least sitting up. He had mild symptoms and was done in 10 days. I took the same sans Mucinex and ibuprofen. I also took my normal old man multi vitamins. I was able to avoid coming down with it.

Comment

I followed the FLCCC protocol with ivermectin. Had severe symptoms for 48 hrs and done but the exhaustion lasted about 10 days. Like complete Exhaustion. Not sure there's anything that would help get over that. I forced myself to get out of bed and do stuff but I would get completely exhausted after just a few minutes of doing anything.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Doc had us on the standard stuff.

Zinc
                    Vitamin C
                    D3
                    z-pac

He didn't want to prescribe ivermectin although he said he would if we insisted. Neither of us had much inflammation, so we didn't need steroids. The Doc was very fired up about the monoclonal anti-body treatment. My wife was worse off than me and she ended up getting this treatment 2 days later. I would highly recommend as within 24 hours of the treatment, my wife started rebounding pretty quickly. The issue with the treatment is apparently, it only does good in the early stages of being sick. If you wait too long, it is not very effective; at least that's what the Doc told us. My symptoms were never bad, so I passed on the treatment.

The in-laws were die-hard ivermectin and were taking even as a preventable prior to getting sick. Both of them were sick for almost 2 weeks and ended up needing steroids. Neither did the monoclonal treatment; which I really think would have helped them. With that said, neither had significant breathing or air issues nor required more than a visit to the local clinic for steroids and z-pacs.

What did I learn from this? Obviously, this sickness effects people vastly differently. I would recommend doing the monoclonal treatment more than anything. There really is no cure for this as you can see the variety of treatments and things people throw at it.

I'll tell you something else. All of us being 2 months removed from this have had lingering coughs and on and off spouts with allergies. Apparently, some people call this the lingering effects of Covid.
                    Last edited by CaptainDave; 12-04-2021, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Just went through it a few weeks ago.
                      In my opinion, it boils down to getting treated early, and finding good doctor/clinic to work with.

Fri, started feeling off. Sunday, 101 fever. by weds I had a 103 fever, so went to the minute clinic. Positive for covid, so they gave me the antibodies. Said that ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine work best with a positive test before the fever hits. 2 days later I was fine. Took about a week to shake the out of breath stuff, though.

Thurs after I got the antibodies, my wife has a fever. No wasting time, send her to the same clinic, but she gets a different doc who tells her that the antibodies aren't recommended. Gives her a zpack and some steroids to avoid pneumonia. 5 days later, she's worse, not better. She goes to her primary care physician, they prescribe the antibodies, but... well, polk county retardedness ensued. Ended up having to take her back to the original minute clinic, now a week later(on Thanksgiving) and raise a stink to get her the antibodies. They gave the infusion, then almost insisted on admitting her to the hospital, because of low blood oxygen levels. Ended up having her at home on o2. It took another 6 days for the fevers to go away, and her to feel even half-way normalish.

Interestingly enough, our 21 month old daughter, who is considered immunocompromized and already has lung problems due to being born at 23 wks gestation(9 mos in nicu, and another 8 months at home on a ventilator), also got very sick at the same time as my wife. Very similar symptoms. Intermittent high fever(103), and coughing up thick dark sputem. Tested 3 times for covid, all came back negative. Took her to TCH woodlands, after one negative covid test and "preventative" 5 days on antibiotics and steroids. The chest x ray looked BETTER than the last one a month before. Took another 5 days of managing the fever before she's mostly back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        ivermectin
                        z-pac
                        steroid inhaler, cant remember the drug
                        zinc
                        d3
                        c
                        monoclonal antibodies the day i tested positive luckily

not sure i would have done anything differently. my fever was gone by 7pm the day i tested positive, i was a little achy and had a slight headache for 3-4 days.

i stayed outside as much as i could and walked 2-3 miles almost everyday.

i am congested year round and it got worse while i had covid. i have noticed that its been worse than usual since i got covid though, i have taken, and still take everything daily and nothing helps.
                        This. Cept I was on ivermectin and zinc previously. Doubled up on ivermectin and zinc when I took my temperature and it was 102 at 730. At 930, temp was normal and I had no more symptoms. I had covid for 3 hrs.

Comment

Working...
                        X