No announcement yet.

Am I being unreasonable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you are being completely unreasonable and unrealistic. Do you know how hard it is to weld coral? That stuff is very brittle, especially if it has been out of the saltwater for a long period of time. I'm sure it will look beautiful though when it's finished. Flood it and add some reef fish for snorkeling!

Comment

Not unreasonable

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
        The firm deadline is this Saturday and yes he set it and nobody has been working since we talked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I can understand things come up, weather, or other jobs coming up but if you let him set his own deadline and he can't meet that...there's no excuse.

Saturday is not here yet and it sounds like he doesn't have that much left to do. Hopefully he'll bring a large crew and knock it out.

Comment

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
          I can understand things come up, weather, or other jobs coming up but if you let him set his own deadline and he can't meet that...there's no excuse.

Saturday is not here yet and it sounds like he doesn't have that much left to do. Hopefully he'll bring a large crew and knock it out.

Yeah but the kicker is there has to be an extra post set in a corner to brace off of (we weren’t anticipating having to do that). So if they don’t set the post tomorrow then they can’t finish on Saturday, btw the hole has been dug since Sat all it needs is the post (which is on site) and concrete. We will see but I’m not holding my breath…

Comment

If there hasn't been rain delays then , I don't think so.

Comment

We had a local pool contractor that just got out of prison after 4 years, something for theft of services , for taking multiple Down payments and slow riding the jobs till termination
              Then unable to pay back the $$$
              Wish you luck , contractors always seem shady IMO

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                We had a local pool contractor that just got out of prison after 4 years, something for theft of services , for taking multiple Down payments and slow riding the jobs till termination
                Then unable to pay back the $$$
                Wish you luck , contractors always seem shady IMO
                Pool contractors are the worse from what I can tell.......thus I did my own! I am pretty laid back on 99% of things but your guy seems like he is over extended and needs to understand this job must move forward. Good luck.

Comment

I would say you get what you for pay.

Comment

I am living the same dream myself these days. Unless you hard money them (and if they are good they price in risk money), it's hard to hold anyone accountable, less brand reputation (which maybe your only choice, less cutting them loose).

Short answer - no, you are not being unreasonable.
                    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRanchero View Post
                      I would say you get what you for pay.

And how much did I pay? I don’t recall mentioning that?

Comment

Retainage and liquidated damages, along with a favorable (to you) exit/termination strategy would have helped.

Based on what you described, it sounds like they are not interested in finishing your project. The crew is likely making more money elsewhere. Tough spot. Retainage would be helpful here.

Comment

C'mon man, it's hunting season. They'll finish it after muzzleloader season.

BTW, what type of background check did you do on these dudes before hiring them?

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                            C'mon man, it's hunting season. They'll finish it after muzzleloader season.

BTW, what type of background check did you do on these dudes before hiring them?

Checked references and they checked out.

Comment

Nah, not unreasonable at all IMO

My father-in-law made the mistake of trying to help his nephew out a few years ago, by hiring him to re-side an old washroom that was separate from the house on a place he bought. My dad and I were doing the house work. Anyways, the deal was a flat rate on the job, and my wife met her cousin at the store to buy everything they needed.

What literally should have been a couple of days of work, turned into weeks. At the end, he started poor mouthing about how many days they had worked (the longest they were ever there was 3 hours, including unloading and loading tools) and THEN he handed my father-in-law the receipts for the materials and asked to be reimbursed I guess he didn’t expect anyone to remember that WE had paid for the materials needless to say, there was no additional pay for the job. And a lesson was given about how much money they lost due to not wanting to get their butts up and work

Comment

Serious question did you get multiple bids,and if so was he the cheapest? I hate dealing with people like this run his azz off.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X