• Show
Clear All

That does sound tough. Good luck man hope things start moving around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any luck yak?

Comment

From what I have heard is that the pigs have basically overrun the NWR areas.

I never hunted any of them, so only rumors, but I do hunt the area.

Comment

Saw a fox and 1 squirrel. And about 12 dogs. Waste of time

Comment

Never hunted Hirsch. The Paige and Briarwood have been good to us in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
              Never hunted Hirsch. The Paige and Briarwood have been good to us in the past.

Y’all taken some bucks in those units?

Comment

Originally posted by Abrooks118 View Post
                Y’all taken some bucks in those units?

Yes on both the Paige and Briarwood. The Paige has produced some nice bucks on the river.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                  Yes on both the Paige and Briarwood. The Paige has produced some nice bucks on the river.

Post pictures if you have any. Would like to see what they look like out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Abrooks118 View Post
                    Post pictures if you have any. Would like to see what they look like out there.

Agreed!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C6A3A54F-13E7-4D56-8D68-EF89287A9C24.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	24669851
                      Taken next to the Hirsch a few years back.

Comment

From the Paige Unit. I can’t find the big one from the Paige, he was a 164.

Name:	E32F2D01-9F06-423B-8F81-019EC45738AC.jpeg
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	24669852

Name:	44410DBB-6D9D-4D06-B5A9-3F948A879FD5.jpeg
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	24669853

Comment

Nice thanks for posting them. I figured there had to be deer back in there

Comment

I just muzzy hunted Hirsch for three days and saw a grand total of three squirrels. No deer tracks, no pig tracks, no pig rooting damage. My trail camera didn't snap a single photo over two nights. I walked all over the place from the river on the east side, all along the north property edge, overlooking the swamp in the middle, the gas pipeline right of way, etc etc. Mud holes with zero tracks in them says all you need to know. It is absolutely strange because there are acorns all over the place. I gave up on Hirsch. Luckily, I drew a tag for Brierwood too, and I've had good luck in there so yesterday afternoon I moved my stand from Hirsch to Brierwood, and will hunt it for the remainder of the muzzy hunt period.

Comment

Originally posted by ppeeks59 View Post
                              I just muzzy hunted Hirsch for three days and saw a grand total of three squirrels. No deer tracks, no pig tracks, no pig rooting damage. My trail camera didn't snap a single photo over two nights. I walked all over the place from the river on the east side, all along the north property edge, overlooking the swamp in the middle, the gas pipeline right of way, etc etc. Mud holes with zero tracks in them says all you need to know. It is absolutely strange because there are acorns all over the place. I gave up on Hirsch. Luckily, I drew a tag for Brierwood too, and I've had good luck in there so yesterday afternoon I moved my stand from Hirsch to Brierwood, and will hunt it for the remainder of the muzzy hunt period.

I saw tons of acorns too when I scouted. Sounds like you’ve been working hard. Good luck, hope you get a deer. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by ppeeks59 View Post

Just got back from Boars Den. Not much better. I’m done with putting in for that hunt. I feel that shouldn’t be called a deer hunt. Pig hunt is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X