This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    Frogs RUSHED for 400yds last week against a horrible Tech team. Defense is still horrendous. They will get embarrassed on National TV this week by OU.

Didn't get to see the TX/OU game but just looking at the box score it appears Riley made adjustments at half and Sark didn't? Would yall agree or something else going on?

It was 38-20 at half. Riley made adjustments...Sark as most would think hangin' almost 40 on a highly ranked team, what he was doing would continue....no? Texas D couldn't stop Caleb Williams and the run offense when Riley took out rattler....whether it was the combination of talent, luck or a tired *** defense. Texas offense sputtered. OU seemed to have some answers for the first half. I guess you could say he didn't make enough adjustments in the 3rd quarter or what he made didn't work. One thing is for sure, Texas DBs have pathetic ball skills at the point of a reception. Williams threw up several hail mary type balls and Texas DBs were tripping over themselves and getting Mossed.... And your boy, Worthy balled out....although he had a critical fumble in the second half.
    Last edited by Smart; 10-11-2021, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Worthy is a talented little dude. 9 for 269 and 2 TD, but that bonehead return that got stripped should never have occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        I felt like Sark abandoned what was working which lead to an abysmal 3rd quarter. Texas could not stop the bread and butter counter play which I believe OU averaged over 15 yards per play when they ran it and scored at least 3 late TD's off of it.

The OL still sucks (I'm tired of seeing unblocked defenders) and the Defense is garbage as the tackling woes continue.
        Texas and TCU are essentially the same team it sounds like. I've never seen defense this bad

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          It was 38-20 at half. Riley made adjustments...Sark as most would think hangin' almost 40 on a highly ranked team, what he was doing would continue....no? Texas D couldn't stop Caleb Williams and the run offense when Riley took out rattler....whether it was the combination of talent, luck or a tired *** defense. Texas offense sputtered. OU seemed to have some answers for the first half. I guess you could say he didn't make enough adjustments in the 3rd quarter or what he made didn't work. One thing is for sure, Texas DBs have pathetic ball skills at the point of a reception. Willimas through up several hail mary type balls and Texas DBS were getting Mossed.... And your boy, Worthy balled out....although he had a critical fumble in the second half.
          Got it. I was just curious since I didn't get to see the game. Didn't know if it was fluke stuff or more what you described....or a little of both

Comment

Texas and TCU are essentially the same team it sounds like. I've never seen defense this bad
            It's more of the same for us, allowing 40 points a game versus P5 opponents.

The offense is legit, the defense gives me the sad.

Comment

Worthy is a talented little dude. 9 for 269 and 2 TD, but that bonehead return that got stripped should never have occurred.

He's gonna have nightmares on that one trying to do too much.

Comment

Sark is on a much better trajectory than the previous two staffs, but I pray they find something that works on defense...anything, please for the love of God.

Comment

Hook'em Horns!

Comment

I was proud of how the Ags responded to two early losses and put together a solid performance against Bama. I won't say I expected the win, but I was pretty optimistic they would play well and keep it close. Most of the Ags' issues against Arkansas and MSU were self inflicted mental lapses, IMO. No need to rehash the OL, QB, DB and/or scheme issues, but I felt like the Ags were certainly a much better team than those performances indicated.

Secondly, I think Bama was primed for a letdown after the OM game. As strange as that sounds, perceptions for both teams obviously changed from the beginning of the season. Most Bama teams have been largely immune to this, but I think Saban has sensed it a little based on a few of his press conference comments even after big wins.

I also haven't thought this Bama version is at the same level as prior squads. They entered the season with a young, unproven QB, had to replace a couple of OL, lost a few all time great receivers and have a somewhat inexperienced secondary. Obviously they have young talent, but I just didn't feel like they were invincible as they have been in the past. I've had them at #2, behind UGA, since before the season. In fact, I didn't have them making the SEC Championship game in my preseason predictions (in fact, I had them losing THIS game against the Ags.)

Finally, it was the night game at Kyle. Despite what Herbstreit thinks (thought), the environment at Kyle the last two Saturday nights has been incredible, and made a legitimate difference in both games.

Oh, and it was Jimbo's birthday!

So my next question is how much of the Ags' win is attributable to correcting their own problems and their improved level of play, and how much is a factor of being a "trap" game for the Tide? Before the season, I looked at the Mizzou game as a potential trap game for the Ags. How well do they maintain focus, handle success and take care of business on the road against what should be another "inferior" opponent? A loss this week completely negates any momentum they may have gained following the big win over Bama.
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Got it. I was just curious since I didn't get to see the game. Didn't know if it was fluke stuff or more what you described....or a little of both

No flukes but it was a game of inches on several plays rarely going Texas way as usual lol. For instance Washington caught a pass at the one with 2" of his foot out of bounds at the 1 that would have given them a 1st down. Instead they had to settle for a FG in the second half. On the flip side, Mims made a spectacular catch, much like Washington, and his foot was so close to the sideline you couldn't fit a "fine hair" into the gap between his foot and the white. That ended up in a TD for them instead of a 4th down FG. Both legitimately called, I just laughed at the difference and my luck. Then the strip with the OU RBs knee hitting the ground a split second before it came out and the punt that hit the Longhorn in the shoulder with two Sooners standing around him and the returner instead of hitting one of the Sooners......Things like that...Texas bad luck
                      Last edited by Smart; 10-11-2021, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Sark is on a much better trajectory than the previous two staffs, but I pray they find something that works on defense...anything, please for the love of God.
                        It’s hard to stop the run in football when you are locked up in a WWE wrestling match. I have zero clue what holding is anymore.

I agree that Texas is headed in the right direction!

Enough about a tough loss and on to OSU!

Hook ‘em!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          I was proud of how the Ags responded to two early losses and put together a solid performance against Bama. I won't say I expected the win, but I was pretty optimistic they would play well and keep it close. Most of the Ags' issues against Arkansas and MSU were self inflicted mental lapses, IMO. No need to rehash the OL, QB, DB and/or scheme issues, but I felt like the Ags were certainly a much better team than those performances indicated.

Secondly, I think Bama was primed for a letdown after the OM game. As strange as that sounds, perceptions for both teams obviously changed from the beginning of the season. Most Bama teams have been largely immune to this, but I think Saban has sensed it a little based on a few of his press conference comments even after big wins.

I also haven't thought this Bama version is at the same level as prior squads. They entered the season with a young, unproven QB, had to replace a couple of OL, lost a few all time great receivers and have a somewhat inexperienced secondary. Obviously they have young talent, but I just didn't feel like they were invincible as they have been in the past. I've had them at #2, behind UGA, since before the season. In fact, I didn't have them making the SEC Championship game in my preseason predictions (in fact, I had them losing THIS game against the Ags.)

Finally, it was the night game at Kyle. Despite what Herbstreit thinks (thought), the environment at Kyle the last two Saturday nights has been incredible, and made a legitimate difference in both games.

Oh, and it was Jimbo's birthday!

So my next question is how much of the Ags' win is attributable to correcting their own problems and their improved level of play, and how much is a factor of being a "trap" game for the Tide? Before the season, I looked at the Mizzou game as a potential trap game for the Ags. How well do they maintain focus, handle success and take care of business on the road against what should be another "inferior" opponent? A loss this week completely negates any momentum they may have gained following the big win over Bama.

I think Jimbo’s gameplan all week was to swing for the fences against bama. Having lost two in a row and being expected to get blown out, there was no reason not to cut it loose on both sides of the ball. It worked out pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                            It’s hard to stop the run in football when you are locked up in a WWE wrestling match. I have zero clue what holding is anymore.

I agree that Texas is headed in the right direction!

Enough about a tough loss and on to OSU!

Hook ‘em!

Can we please not schedule anymore games with the Midget Ed Hoculi wannabee ref whose biceps are so large he cant even make a proper hold signal..... Looked like he had implants on Saturday.

But I agree on to OSU....

Comment

Lmao sec shorts never misses!!! [emoji1787] on to our next opponent, a double digit favorite at our house [emoji2359]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Frogs RUSHED for 400yds last week against a horrible Tech team. Defense is still horrendous. They will get embarrassed on National TV this week by OU.

Didn't get to see the TX/OU game but just looking at the box score it appears Riley made adjustments at half and Sark didn't? Would yall agree or something else going on?
                                Hopefully Lincoln will start and leave Rattler in the whole game.

Comment

Working...
                                X