No announcement yet.

2021 Houston Astro’s Official thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the political crap crept in last year I quit following. Is it still there? I will likely follow the playoffs. Still want to see them win.

Comment

What’s yalls thoughts on Carlos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post

I would be surprised if he re-signed, though the short stop market isn't huge.

Comment

Beat team in the mix

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
            When the political crap crept in last year I quit following. Is it still there? I will likely follow the playoffs. Still want to see them win.

There hasn’t been anything that I’m aware of. I checked out last year as well. Came back when they left to blm crap out.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              I would be surprised if he re-signed, though the short stop market isn't huge.

Agreed. I just hold out hope since 70+mm per year come off the books with Grienke and Verlander contracts expiring.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                This has been a pretty quiet thread this year.
                Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                Rangers were so bad their fans didn’t even come over to talk **** during the beat down for the silver boot.

My first thought also, broke their spirit. At least we gave them hell when we sucked. That and the wrong guy started the thread😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  There hasn’t been anything that I’m aware of. I checked out last year as well. Came back when they left to blm crap out.

Appreciate it.

Comment

I know it ain’t over but, glad to see Gerrit Cole getting rocked right now!

Comment

He just got pulled after 2 1/2. Ha

Comment

$324 million and getting rocked !!!!!

Love it...he was great here but the way he left was bush league

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post

He’ll probably get close to Lindor type money (8-10 years at $30-32mm/yr). That’s my guess anyway. And the Stros aren’t going to do a 8-10 year contract. Nor do they want to pay $30mm/yr (I don’t think, but they paid Verlander that though). So, any chance the Stros have to keep him is offer an 8 year deal for $30mm/yr with op-outs starting after year 5. Just a WAG.

Oh, and I’m sure that Tucker is probably going to be the World Series MVP since I was so vocal about him being streaky and not an elite hitter yet lol

Comment

Eff the Yankees. The funniest part to me is that game last night would have been played in New York if we hadn’t had the miracle comeback at Minute Maid right before the all star break😂😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                              He’ll probably get close to Lindor type money (8-10 years at $30-32mm/yr). That’s my guess anyway. And the Stros aren’t going to do a 8-10 year contract. Nor do they want to pay $30mm/yr (I don’t think, but they paid Verlander that though). So, any chance the Stros have to keep him is offer an 8 year deal for $30mm/yr with op-outs starting after year 5. Just a WAG.

Oh, and I’m sure that Tucker is probably going to be the World Series MVP since I was so vocal about him being streaky and not an elite hitter yet lol
                              I think the stros would go to 30-35 million per year, but I don't think they will go longer than 6 years.

Comment

8 years for 240mm and give him a 5 yr opt out. I think that would get it done. 30 mil in 5 years is going to be ho hum money for the sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X