Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcbZX225 View Post
    Unknown long term issues?
    This is the main reason, Only 9 months to find a vaccine but no one knows what the long term effects of it is. Talk to me in a few years from now!!!!!!

Comment

Limited testing due to shortened timeline for release

Comment

Just to start
        . I've been involved with Public Health for 35+ years and just don't understand people.
        I have a friend that didn't believe in the Flu shot until she got the Flu .. Flatlined/ Declaired Dead ..bright back ..Hospitalized ..Took 6 months to recover.
        I say if you have a choice
        .take It ! But if that's not yours .. Don't complain and take up medical supplies or a hospital bed

Comment

Originally posted by mcbZX225 View Post
          Unknown long term issues?
          This is where I'm at. My wife is pregnant and asked her Dr about it this week. She said my wife should not get it, but I should when it's available... how does that make sense if it isn't safe for a pregnant woman/fetus what makes it safe for a man?

Comment

As a non medicine person who has no idea how this vaccination works the simple answer is fear.

There's been non long term study for side effects. They won't and can't guarantee no side effects. The possibility of complications or issues with a vaccination can arrive 2-5 years down the road. As a person who is not at risk at all, why would I or my children take a chance of having a side effect down the road.
            Last edited by BassMaster13; 12-04-2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I’ve already had the rona.

I don’t trust our government nor the big pharma companies.

Comment

Because I won't.
                I also do not wear a mask.

Comment

I don't trust them. I think there are certain elements of this pandemic that are fabricated. Mostly by MSM, but driven by organizations that stand to benefit financially.

I'm not seeing the sky fall in my neck of the woods like I'm being told on the news.
                  They will pee down your leg and tell you its raining if you don't watch it.

I'm not getting on the train.

Comment

Have you ever seen the movie I AM LEGEND?
                    I’m just saying

Comment

I'm on the fence about it. If we can get back to normal I will probably get it, but I want to see peoples side effects before I take it. I'm probably looking at it wrong, but I just don't see how any one could know the long term effects that the vaccine could have. I just don't feel comfortable taking something that could give me worse side effects than actually having the rona. In a year or so after the first wave of people have taken it with no real bad effects I may be more than happy to.
                      Last edited by jamenefee; 12-04-2020, 03:10 PM.

Comment

For me, its the following:

1) new RNA vaccine thats never been used before
                        2) fast tracked through trials
                        3) unknown effective length
                        4) even with vaccine you may be able to transmit the virus

Im not a anti-vaccine person. My kids are fully vaccinated and have had every vaccine you can think of to travel to the most ridiculous places on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          1. I am in great shape. I work out daily. I take vitamins to supplement nutrient deficiencies I have. Being is great physical shape is the best way prevent a serious covid case. Eating right, exercise, young age, and general good health is the best way to keep your immune system strong.
                          2. I won't for the same reason I don't by the first model year of a car. Too many variables.
                          3. I've read it makes you feel sick for a few days. Not interested in that.
                          4. I believe this virus, like all viruses before it, will just need to run it's course. I either have had it, currently have it, or will get it.
                          I went in for my yearly 2 weeks ago. My doc & I were discussing COVID (I got it in October) and he has another patient; male, 34yo life-long athlete, very fit, runs half marathons, weight training, etc. Very mindful of his diet, no know underlying conditions....came down with it in August, spent 43 days in ICU, 17 days on a ventilator, came home but is still on low-dose O2 by nasal canula....and my doc says he is also mentally affected by it and may never fully recover.

I'm amazed at how this thing affects people in such different ways. My wife has an auto-immune condition and has been advised by her Endocrinologist not to take the vaccine since there's no knowing how her immune system will react. If it's on the up & up, with no extra unrelated bull **** added, I would be open to taking it. Although, I'm very concerned about unknown long-term effects since it has been run through the trials so quickly, though. I'm just ready for life to go back to the way it was pre-COVID and I don't think it's just going to "go away".

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                            The entire chang flu has been politicized, just like "climate change".

Who know what "science" to believe.
                            I don’t know about the chang flu vaccine politics
                            But Louisiana just got slammed with 3 hurricane. So some type climate change is going on, however the earth is 4 billion years old and climate record is only X years recorded, so that is debatable whether recent changes are temporary or not
                            I see no reason to not get all vaccines ( shingles, flu,CV19,ect)

Comment

Originally posted by mudbone View Post
                              This is the main reason, Only 9 months to find a vaccine but no one knows what the long term effects of it is. Talk to me in a few years from now!!!!!!
                              This reason for not getting the vaccine baffles me. No one also knows what the long term effects of having the virus will be. Life is full of uncertainties.

Comment

Most people don't like to be told what to do or what they should do. So they do the opposite.
                                Example: I'm not wearing a mask--WHYbecause your asked too)

I wear a mask, social distance and will wait to get a vaccine to see the side affects to the populace.

Comment

Working...
                                X