Leupold vx5hd issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold vx5hd issue?

I will start by saying im a leupold fan and by no means are upset with them. But the other day i got out my scope to clean the lenses. I got the expensive alumina lens covers and figured i will clean the lenses beforehand.

So i am very pleased with the scopes clarity, granted my other scopes are not high end. So once i cleaned the lenses i was looking at the job with a flashlight. I noticed on the objective end side the second lense Was smeared.. im not sure how many lenses are in there but that is what it looked like. It was a internal lense is all i can think. Im not sure how many lenses are in a vx5hd 3-15 but it looked like the second lense was cleaned but still was smeared on like 70 % of the surface area. And on the eyepiece end i noticed there was a haze ( like brownish hue on some of the edges of the inside of the lense. Like maybe a coating issue or they didnt polish that portion enough, im not sure.. it was just on the edges and not much but still bugged me

I am a very **** person, so i checked my other lower end scopes with a flashlight and One being a leupold vx-II and they looked great. Granted it didnt look like it had a second lense on the objective like the higher power 5hd...

I called leupold and they were great and told me to send it in if i would like.

So my question is am i over analyzing something that im happy with or should i send it in. I worry about sending something in that im happy with to have worked on but i am a little irritated to see the issues internally.

I would still buy another leupold anyday but maybe the guy who assempled it dropped the ball that day and qc... but it may not even do anything optically, who knows

If it isn’t a functional issue I would ignore it. I have a couple of buddies that will complain about the quality of the paint job on the inside of their pickup’s gas tank cover and would crap their pants over what you are describing.

If it’s that big of an issue to you, send it in after season and they will make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yah it looked a little foggy when i was hunting today. It was about 45 mins until dark. It was still very light outside. Hard to tell how much this was due to the problem i saw in the scope but a non clear lense has to create some issue.. ��

Comment

Send it in. Super easy process. Don't even have to give them a head's up. Just fill out the paperwork they ask for and send it. They'll fix any issues or replace.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          Send it in. Super easy process. Don't even have to give them a head's up. Just fill out the paperwork they ask for and send it. They'll fix any issues or replace.
          Awesome, i think im going to do that after the season.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            This here. Besides their quality, this is the reason I only run leupold on all my rifles.

Comment

Working...
            X