Home thermostat problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home thermostat problems

My wife said the thermostat just went black last night, we have a ecobee smart one. I looked at it tonight and it seems like the whole system doesn't have power. I've checked all the breakers and nothing has been tripped. Went and bought a cheap thermostat and still nothing. Y'all got any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

Look on the back of the module for a tiny hole. Stick a paper clip in it to reset it. Thats how mine works. Dont know if its brand specific or not.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        Look on the back of the module for a tiny hole. Stick a paper clip in it to reset it. Thats how mine works. Dont know if its brand specific or not.
        The whole system doesn't seem to have power. Ac unit and thermostat.

Comment

Check the fuse on the indoor unit, I believe it’s a 5amp

Comment

It’s only 12 volts that goes to the T stat from the unit in the attic if I remember correctly.

Comment

I checked the breakers in the garage and the ones on the unit in the attic. I hooked up a brand new thermostat and still nada.

Comment

Did you check the fuse on the control board in the attic?

Comment

Originally posted by WTX View Post
                  If your talking about one that is inside if the unit in the attic then no. I didn't know there was one in there.

Comment

Could be a bad 3 amp fuse on your indoor control board, or if it’s an electric furnace you could have a bad breaker. Those can fail without tripping.

Comment

Originally posted by WTX View Post
                      It is a blown fuse in the unit in the attic. I put another fuse in and flipped the breaker over and it blew that fuse.

Comment

That is most likely the fuse that protects the power supply. Check for a short, possibly in a sensor wire since they work on 24V.

Comment

Sounds like a wire is rubbing and grounding out. Trace the wires and see if you can locate a nicked wire in areas where rubbing is possible.

Comment

Ok, thanks guys. I'll go back up there and check again tomorrow. I had to steal a fuse out of my boat and that's the only 3 amp fuse I could find.

Comment

Well I cant find a loose wire or any bare wires. Made sure everything was good and tight then replaced the fuse again. After bbn powering it back up the fuse blew again. The only thing that looks weird are these little round things, they had something covering 2 of them but I wiped it off.

Comment

Working...
                              X