The best coffee maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
    Whole bean coffee, burr grinder and a pour-over.

You'll thank me when you realize you've been drinking chiddy coffee for so long. lol

French press is a good method too, second to pour over in my book.

For a drip machine, the Ninja coffee bar is pretty awesome.

Whatever machine you end up with the biggest improvement will come from grinding your own beans.

This! Grinding whole beans right before making coffee is a game changer.

I also like my AeroPress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This along with an electric kettle set at 190. Every cup is fresh and takes about 60 secs to make. Its the same way my grandma made it. For larger groups I have a bigger pour over.

Comment

It’s hard to beat a Bunn! However, I have had good luck with my Keurig. I load my own K cups with Community coffees signature blend.

Comment

we liked our ninja, but it bit the dust after 19months.

wife just got a bunn that keeps a reservoir of hot water so we can have a whole pot in ~3min start to finish

Comment

Where you guys getting the beans from? I have been experimenting with beans from HEB, its the only place local that I know of to get beans. I have the burr style grinder. The medium roast blend tastes better to me right now

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
              Where you guys getting the beans from? I have been experimenting with beans from HEB, its the only place local that I know of to get beans. I have the burr style grinder. The medium roast blend tastes better to me right now
              I am subscribed to Black Rifle Coffee Company (BRCC). They send me how many bags I want and how often I want to my house. Free shipping when you subscribe. All I drink medium roast. Their (Just Black) whole bean is what I get and it's excellent. I personally drink 48oz to 80 oz of coffee every day. Two bags lasts me three weeks. I think it's around $12 or $13 a 12oz bag. The beans have been roasted just days prior to you receiving your order. They have several other medium roasts that I have not tried yet.

Comment

I've been ordering from smaller companies to try "fancier" coffees lately, Three Keys Coffee and Luce Avenue Coffee here in Houston are awesome roasters.

Red Bay Coffee and Bandit Coffee company have great roasts too. I'm currently going through a 5lb bag of Ethiopian from Red Bay now... it's a dam good cup of coffee!

I've also started experimenting with roasting my own from green beans and I've had some awesome results (and some not so awesome). I've become really partial to African beans, Ethiopia and Burundi being my favorites so far.

Pretty much the only beans I haven't been able to get right by are Sumatran...I like my coffee a little more acidic and Sumatran just tasted like mud to me.

I do want to give BRCC a shot, will probably order some when I run out of what I have. I do appreciate that they made it OK for manly men to appreciate better quality coffee lol

Comment

We use a French press or a chemex pour over on weekends that we are both at home. When working it’s the Keurig on the way out the door for her, I also have my own that I use at work. I get up too early to mess with coffee before I leave the house, and I can’t stand coffee that has been sitting on a warming plate for hours. BRCC, HEB cafe ole, or Trader Joe’s electric buzz in the Keurig. And we use a variety of beans from Galveston Coffee Roasters in the others.

Comment

Grinding your own beans makes a big difference! I’ve been happy with my aeropress, have yet to try one of the pour overs.

Comment

I use a Bonavita drip coffee maker for a pot of coffee.
                      It brews at 200 F without the higher cost of the Technivorm and similar brewers.
                      At work I use a French press.
                      For camping I use an Ultralight Java Drip for a pour over.
                      Last edited by mrbman; 08-08-2020, 03:54 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

I just went to the gun shop and bought some BRCC - BB and CAF. My first brew of BB is very smooth! Kicking Folgers to the curb.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                          Whole bean coffee, burr grinder and a pour-over.

You'll thank me when you realize you've been drinking chiddy coffee for so long. lol

French press is a good method too, second to pour over in my book.

For a drip machine, the Ninja coffee bar is pretty awesome.

Whatever machine you end up with the biggest improvement will come from grinding your own beans.
                          This times eleventy bazillion

Comment

100 years and going

Great grandfather bought this on a trip to Kansas in 1882
                            And it still is chugging along and is awesome using medium Fresh ground ( I had to put a new top on it though)
                            H‑E‑B Kona black fresh ground or community coffee breakfast roasted
                            Use a mr coffee most days though
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-08-2020, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Boil the water in blue enamel campfire pot, drop a handful of grounds into the water, take pot off of fire and let seep for 10-15 minutes. A few sprinkles of cold water to settle the grounds. Best coffee there is, no lie.

Comment

Syrup bucket and a green sweetgum stick across the top. Fill the bucket up with creek water, put on a pine knot fire n boil the water. Use your pliers to take off the fire n drop in a hand full of Seaport dark roast (or 8 O,clock breakfast blend), steel for a few minutes. Pour into a porcelain cup and enjoy. That’s coffee at its best!

Comment

Working...
                                X