Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good cellar trail cam

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
    In for this. After some research I was going to fork up the cash for a Spartan until so many people have praised the Tactacam reveals. Going to pull the trigger this Spring on one of these or possibly can be convinced otherwise. Needing only two.
    I’m running a Tactacam. I put in on the edge of one of our ponds last week. I performed their FW update yesterday and while I had the camera in hand I compared the number of pictures on the SD card to the number of pictures sent to my phone: 31 pictures on the SD card, 10 on my Reveal app. All this with a “strong” cell signal/full bars. What’s the point in having a cell camera that sends you less than half the pictures? I’m a member of the “Reveal Cell Camera Users” group on Facebook. This problem is rampant on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have spypoint. Didn't have any problem until last week when it stopped taking pictures. Their service sucks and won't get back with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        I’m running a Tactacam. I put in on the edge of one of our ponds last week. I performed their FW update yesterday and while I had the camera in hand I compared the number of pictures on the SD card to the number of pictures sent to my phone: 31 pictures on the SD card, 10 on my Reveal app. All this with a “strong” cell signal/full bars. What’s the point in having a cell camera that sends you less than half the pictures? I’m a member of the “Reveal Cell Camera Users” group on Facebook. This problem is rampant on there.

How can you see how many photos are on the SD card without pulling it? Can you see this through the app somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
          How can you see how many photos are on the SD card without pulling it? Can you see this through the app somehow?

Says he had the camera “in hand”.

Comment

Says he had the camera “in hand”.
            Geeze. That’s embarrassing.

Comment

Good cellar trail cam

Originally posted by Pope View Post
              Geeze. That’s embarrassing.
              One of the cool things about the spartan camera is you can login into the online web portal and see the actual picture number sequences. If there are skips in the number sequences you know the camera is taking pictures that are not getting sent to you. I’m not sure if any other camera allows you to see those picture number sequences w/o having the camera in hand.

Comment

I've got 3 of the Moultrie Mobiles - 2 of the 7000s and 1 of the 6000 series. One of the 7000 is a bit sensitive but so far no issues with them. Plenty of plans to choose from and battery life if good if you only upload pics maybe twice a day. When I'm down hunting I change it to download immediately and get pics within a minute or 2 of activation. I've quadrupled my hog killing out here now with these things. I've had 2 out since season started and they have the same set of batteries I them and I'm hunting every weekend for the most part. What I like most (besides knowing when pigs are there) is that I know what stand to hunt when I'm down. I don't need to go pull camera cards and leave scent everywhere.

Comment

I've got a Tactacam that was doing ok now has stopped sending pics. I re-formated the card and still nothing. I'm going to pull it down this weekend and see what I can figure out. It says pics sent so...Hopefully easy fix? Probably just go back to the reliable Brownings.

Comment

You'll pay more for coverts now but have very few headaches! They are by far the most reliable and ive ran them all!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter004 View Post
                      You'll pay more for coverts now but have very few headaches! They are by far the most reliable and ive ran them all!

Have you tried Spartans? I hear the same about them... and both are considered “higher end” cell cams.

Comment

Have you tried Spartans? I hear the same about them... and both are considered “higher end” cell cams.
                        I have a two year old covert Black Hawk. I don’t know how much they have improved features wise in the last year or so, but it is no where near my Spartans.

Comment

I still love my bushnell cams I have 4 of em they work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X