X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I bought the digital elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You won't be disappointed. I still have my digital elite and still going strong 8 years later. It's my garage hood now since im using the infinity at work. Also the head gear with these new millers are subperb. You can wear it all day and it's super comfortable not to mention they are one of lightest hoods on the market so no neck fatigue. You will be impressed

Comment

My only experience is with Harbor Freight and Lincoln Viking. When I got the Viking I could not believe how much better I could see. I run 2.5 cheaters in my hood.

Comment

I got a HF prob 3y old been great...Price was less than 50 bucks....Before it I had hood with aftermarket auto dark lens that I put in.
        one thing about HF if you aint happy take it back no problem...

Comment

Lotta good advice on here Dale, from us everday UV letric burn-n metal glue melt-n fellers.
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-30-2020, 06:03 PM.

Comment

just prior to thread being post, ordered the Speedglas 9100x and delivering it tomorrow

Glad it was on the list, but some more cost effective units have been mentioned on this thread

Just a newbee to welding and not an everyday use item around this casa

Finding out that the cost of welder is only a minor cost. Now getting all the accessories and will be into it pretty good by the time I am done.

Needing clamps, welding shirts, table, cart, and I am sure multiple other items as time goes on, but going to enjoy throwin some sparks.

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
              just prior to thread being post, ordered the Speedglas 9100x and delivering it tomorrow

Glad it was on the list, but some more cost effective units have been mentioned on this thread

Finding out that the cost of welder is only a minor cost. Now getting all the accessories and will be into it pretty good by the time I am done.

Needing clamps, welding shirts, table, cart, and I am sure multiple other items as time goes on, but going to enjoy throwin some sparks.
              Get on eBay you might be able to find some lots.

Comment

Get the best deals for welding lot at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Comment

Same boat - I did buy a northern tool welding table. It’s actually a great table for the $180 I spent.

I have a Jackson Insight Hood. Are Miller’s really that much better?

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                    Don't buy until you look at Weld Cote. Unbelievable hood, well thought out design and the price is right. I replaced a Miller Elite hood with one of them and then bought 2 more.

Bought this on the same recommendation when I asked. Amazing hood for my hobby work, and likely way more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tom, if your not interested in buying new, clamps can be got at Flea markets and pawn shops. And depending on what you are welding, if your mostly mig-n, Couple of turn buckles too. And 3/4" threaded pipe clamps with black pipe will take care of the long reach jobs when it comes to pulling and square-n things up. Come-a-longs can help too with a U tacked in place if there's nothing to hook on to.

PPE: As for the shirts, get some 100% cotton button ups if you ain't get-n leathers. And spray them heavy with starch and let dry. It'll help the spatter roll off. And help reduce them from catch-n fire. There are also some light green cotton sleeves that are better than nothing. I know a lotta fellers that get them starched XX-heavy at the Cleaners. I've done that route before too. Just ask to see my arms at Nanza. I'm pretty well tattooed from head to toe . Keep a tube of Neosporin with Pain Relief handy. Besides cold cold water, it's about the best for pain relief from burns, should you get one. And will help reduce scarring.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-30-2020, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                        Don't buy until you look at Weld Cote. Unbelievable hood, well thought out design and the price is right. I replaced a Miller Elite hood with one of them and then bought 2 more.
                        Which model are you referring to? I’m about to start some hobby work here at the house and just started thinking about these things the other day. I don’t need or want to drop a lot of dough on top of the line, but I don’t want one that’s going to have me cussing at it the whole time I’m under it.

Comment

Any suggestion for place in DFW to get gas tank / refills for mig

Did learn about owned vs not tanks

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Tom, if your not interested in buying new, clamps can be got at Flea markets and pawn shops. And depending on what you are welding, if your mostly mig-n, Couple of turn buckles too. And 3/4" threaded pipe clamps with black pipe will take care of the long reach jobs when it comes to pulling and square-n things up. Come-a-longs can help too with a U tacked in place if there's nothing to hook on to.

PPE: As for the shirts, get some 100% cotton button ups if you ain't get-n leathers. And spray them heavy with starch and let dry. It'll help the spatter roll off. And help reduce them from catch-n fire. There are also some light green cotton sleeves that are better than nothing. I know a lotta fellers that get them starched XX-heavy at the Cleaners. I've done that route before too. Just ask to see my arms at Nanza. I'm pretty well tattooed from head to toe . Keep a tube of Neosporin with Pain Relief handy. Besides cold cold water, it's about the best for pain relief from burns, should you get one. And will help reduce scarring.
                            Your a good man Mike.

I promise not to bend your ear too much at Bownanza

Thanks for the tips. Went to a few pawn shops today, but contractors beat me to anything good

Comment

I've been buying tanks and gas at Ft. Worth Welding Supply for a good number of years. They've given me the best deals in Tarrant County thus far. I've even gotten a few employers to convert to them because of the cost savings. And if something breaks, they can usually service the equipment with parts on hand/in stock.

Comment

[QUOTE=Texas Grown;14675239]I've been buying tanks and gas at Ft. Worth Welding Supply for a good number of years. They've given me the best deals in Tarrant County thus far. I've even gotten a few employers to convert to them because of the cost savings. And if something breaks

Thanks I will check them out in my travels to FW

Comment

Working...
                                X