No announcement yet.

Lake Somerville PHL - 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a gentleman walk by one of my cameras this past Saturday and immediately I thought there goes my camera. (I forgot my lock.) Well my camera is still there and working fine. Not sure if he saw it or not but I just wanted to apologize for doubting the gentleman. Thank you for being a respectful hunter. After my buddy's tree stand was stolen two days after putting it out last season, you just can't help but think the worst. So if that was you, I just wanted to say thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by greenmonstah View Post
      I had a gentleman walk by one of my cameras this past Saturday and immediately I thought there goes my camera. (I forgot my lock.) Well my camera is still there and working fine. Not sure if he saw it or not but I just wanted to apologize for doubting the gentleman. Thank you for being a respectful hunter. After my buddy's tree stand was stolen two days after putting it out last season, you just can't help but think the worst. So if that was you, I just wanted to say thank you.

Sad that we're surprised when something DOESN'T get stolen. Definitely not just a Texas thing though. I've watched quite a few public hunting videos on YouTube from other parts of the country and everyone talks about cameras getting stolen. I found a brand new set (stand & sticks) this past February at Somerville. Just tipped my cap and moved on.

Comment

Am I the only one that is terrified when stepping onto a tree stand? That first step onto the stand is like having your life flash right before your eyes. If it goes, you go. I will definitely be wearing a harness but I have to figure the darn thing out first. What measures do you all take to ensure that your tree stand is safe?

Comment

Your harness has a loop at the top that goes to your safety strap. The safety strap (this has another name but for the life of me I at a loss) circles the tree above your head. This should be connected to you before you remove your lineman's belt. Then remove the lineman's belt and step into the tree stand. You also have w recovery strap to take weight off your harness if you fall. This is important as if you fall from the stand and hang from the harness too long you can cause serious medical problems. Watch the videos on YouTube. At no point when you leave the ground should you not be connected to the tree. I use a lineman's belt while climbing as it allows hands free to install the stand. Good luck.

Comment

Anybody go out there yet?

Comment

My wife and I were out for opening weekend. Drastic change from last year. Everything was flooded in 2018 and dry as a bone this year. Everywhere that isn't trees is ragweed. Some deer and hogs on cams, very little in daylight hours and nothing seen during the trip. Unseasonably hot weather, hopefully it will get better soon.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted Saturday and Sunday. Saw hogs and spooked some deer but didn't see anything while sitting. You can hear animals all over the place but the ragweed is so tall and thick you can't see them. The ragweed is finally starting to burn up from the ground up so hopefully soon it will die and lay down. There's a lot of hogs and I actually think it's affecting the deer at this point.

Comment

I hunted Saturday and Sunday. Saw hogs and spooked some deer but didn't see anything while sitting. You can hear animals all over the place but the ragweed is so tall and thick you can't see them. The ragweed is finally starting to burn up from the ground up so hopefully soon it will die and lay down. There's a lot of hogs and I actually think it's affecting the deer at this point.

Definitely not opposed to smacking a pig or 12! You hunting nails or yegua?

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                    Definitely not opposed to smacking a pig or 12! You hunting nails or yegua?

I smacked a sow two weekends ago. I'm hunting Yegua.

Comment

I smacked a sow two weekends ago. I'm hunting Yegua.

Nice, I've had a bit of a dry spell with hogs as of recent. Ready to break that trend. Hunting yegua as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                        Nice, I've had a bit of a dry spell with hogs as of recent. Ready to break that trend. Hunting yegua as well.

Which side? Burleson or Lee?

Comment

Which side? Burleson or Lee?

Burleson

Comment

Lee County here.

Comment

I will be hunting private land Saturday and then Yegua Sunday.

Comment

Was out this morning. Started out nice, but got warm fast. Didn't see anything, but did get a warning call when going deeper to check a camera. Come on cold front!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X