Honda Ridgeline owner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor ripoff of a Subaru Baja
    Last edited by CEO; 02-22-2020, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Honda makes good, long lasting stuff. My mom has driven a Ridgeline since they first came out with them. It’s a weak, womanly pick up that doesn’t excel at anything. It doesn’t even get good enough mpgs to use that as an excuse. The 4wd sucks, I’ve had to pull her out at the beach a few times, can’t haul anything in the bed, can’t tow anything, plus you’ll look gay. Lots of reasons they’re not popular, mainly because it’s a weak attempt at a truck. They cost more than a Tacoma also. Did I mention you’ll look gay?

So you are telling us........a weak ego will not makes this truck better or doable?

Comment

My 81 year old dad is on his second one. He loves it. Lots of cool cubby’s in the bed for storage and it fits his needs for hunting and home related stuff. Just not my cup of tea.

Comment

The Ridgeline is basically a car with a bed. Front wheel drive standard. Which means all wheel drive is the option - no transfer case, no real 4wd.

As others have said, if you use your truck like a car only (as so many do) nothing wrong with a Ridgeline.

But if you want to use it like a truck - it just isn't built like one, except for that bed.

Comment

Just no...

Comment

They were cool when they were El Caminos.

Comment

Honestly I think they’re ugly but im sure it’ll run forever. I personally wouldn’t get one, I would get another tacoma over any other midsize.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  So you are telling us........a weak ego will not makes this truck better or doable?
                  For the win

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                    It looks a whole lot nicer than a tacoma and is more comfortable for people who aren't midgets. Gets better mpg than a tacoma. Has a nice locking trunk that can be used as a cooler.

I'd probably own one as a work car or 2nd vehicle.

If people bought the truck they actually needed or used on a regular basis without their ego getting involved you would see tons of them on the road.

I dont own either though. I have a car and a real pickup.

Comment

Funny thread!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The ridge line is basically an odyssey with a bed. I’m sure it would last you forever and it does have some cool boxes in the bed however I could never get onboard with the 4 wheel drive system.

I’ve always been a fan of midsized trucks, 2003 ranger for 10 years, 2011 Tacoma for awhile and now back in a 2019 ranger and so far am loving it. If you haven’t checked them out yet I recommend you give em a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

simply it is not a truck...period

it may be a 4x4 or awd runaround, it might be comfortable, highly rated, and get good mileage... but it is not a truck

it might be good for hauling groceries and even driving across wet grass
                          it might even get you through some sand,,, but it is not a truck....

if honda actually ever builds a truck i would at least take a good look at it,, but the ridgeline is not a truck,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                            Should have clarified, the interior. The outside definitely looks like a chopped down pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              Honda makes good, long lasting stuff. My mom has driven a Ridgeline since they first came out with them. It’s a weak, womanly pick up that doesn’t excel at anything. It doesn’t even get good enough mpgs to use that as an excuse. The 4wd sucks, I’ve had to pull her out at the beach a few times, can’t haul anything in the bed, can’t tow anything, plus you’ll look gay. Lots of reasons they’re not popular, mainly because it’s a weak attempt at a truck. They cost more than a Tacoma also. Did I mention you’ll look gay?
                              So your opinion is it has a whole lot in common with a ford or dodge pickup. I can agree with that.

It's an awd, not 4wd.

Comment

You're talking about the large sedans with a bed?

Comment

Working...
                                X