Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    what does it cost a month through ATT?
    $60 . .

#fillthepipeline

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
      No . .

#fillthepipeline

Shows 30gb on mobile hotspot (dunno if that counts as a mobile hotspot) and throttled after 100gb.

Comment

Actually throttled after 50gigs and looks like they throttle streaming to SD.

Comment

I'm happy . . Beats $95.34 for 25Gb . . For Exede . .

#fillthepipeline

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
            I'm happy . . Beats $95.34 for 25Gb . . For Exede . .

#fillthepipeline
            For clarification . . My regular phone package is unlimited . .

#fillthepipeline

Comment

Well, I got a fairly inexpensive omni directional antenna($39) and used AirCard 781($35) just to run a test.

I put antenna about 5' above roof line and more than doubled my speed.

The last one has me puzzled:

Upload is faster than download.

Is that kinda peculiar?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by hpdrifter; 02-22-2020, 06:38 PM.

Comment

OBtW; I'll bet now that I've gotten semi hooked up, that ATT will cut back on every provider providing unlimited sims. Ja WAG.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                  OBtW; I'll bet now that I've gotten semi hooked up, that ATT will cut back on every provider providing unlimited sims. Ja WAG.
                  They can’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                    They can’t.

I admit I'm ignorant on this subject, but if they own the ATT towers/radios, why can't they control who sells broadband services to them?

Comment

Anyone else having issues with OTR today?

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                        Anyone else having issues with OTR today?
                        I'm still waiting for them to take new customers. Renewals only at this point.

Anyone having luck with High Speed Solutions?

Comment

my post from last June and still no problems, I'm also now streaming tv and have a smarthome running smart things, an echo, 5 arlo cameras, and a nest smoke alarm...

I recently moved out to the country in Wise county from the Dallas area and all I was offered for my internet/TV was DirectTV but I know directtv is awful. With the help of google and some of my buddies from work (we are in IT) I was able to get high speed internet for 60$ a month. I'm able to stream in HD and run multiple computers simultaneously with no latency. Luckily I'm on a shared verizon plan, so I just added a line which made it 3 lines on one plan. That makes the price for an unlimited plan line 60$. Before I got the line I made sure I had at least two bars of 4g LTE coverage with my cell phone. I then placed the sim card from the verizon store into a Nighthawk M1 mobile modem ($200-$250), this will give you up to 20 remote connections with 1 gig bandwidth and it's also 5G capable. The key is verizon throttles data from mobile hotspots so you can't stream hi def movies because they want to sell you home internet, that's why you can watch hi def youtube on your phone but can't stream hi def from your phone to your, also at certain levels (when you are above 22GB) your data gets throttled and is slow. To avoid this you buy a asus RT AC68U router ($100-$130) to connect to the nighthawk modem, the router is configurable and you can change the TTL frequency to simulate a cell phone (change to around 65) and boom, high speed, unlimited, unthrottled data. Now I'm saving money on my phone line $20 less a month and paying $30 less per month for internet, if you are in an area with good verizon coverage and are in the same situation I was feel free to PM me and I can hopefully answer any questions you may have. Also, I would like to add, I have a yagi antenna that I thought I was going to have to hook up to enhance my signal but it has not even been necessary, everything has run flawless for 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post

I looked into this today and found the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post

I have yet to get a response from high speed. I sure wish OTR would get everything going again.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                                I have yet to get a response from high speed. I sure wish OTR would get everything going again.
                                I did some digging and found enough negative reviews that I have eliminated High Speed Solutions as a candidate for my business

"Ready and willing to take your money then virtually impossible to get any kind of response, customer service nonexistent", Cliff Notes version of reviews I read

Comment

Working...
                                X