How much to blue a rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much to blue a rifle?

I have a 1932ish Winchester model 60A-22 short I'd like to fix up a bit. I attempted to blue it myself but it came out grey and didnt seal very well. The stock came out great. Anyone in the north dallas area yall can recommend? Also, is it normal for these to not have a serial #? When it was purchased they had a plaque made for the original owner cut into the butt stock. In total there was 3 owners before handed down to me. All named and dates of hand downs etched into the plate. Not looking to sell, but is it worth anything? I cant find much on the internet about this exact rifle. Either the stock is off or the action is different. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Been awhile since I checked prices but you are looking at 3
    $300 plus on the low end.

Comment

I havent tried downloading pics yet. I'll give it a go.

Comment

Well that didnt work...

Comment

Originally posted by mikebyrge View Post
          Been awhile since I checked prices but you are looking at 3
          $300 plus on the low end.
          I'm sure I'll pay more than the rifle is probably worth. But worth it for sentimental reasons. Also to make sure it lasts a few more years for my boy and his kids.

Comment

I have an old Sako (beater, truck gun) getting a remodel at Lohman in Houston. $300 to remove all rust and cerakote in midnight blue. It has a bit of a glossy look (looks blued in the right light) but will hold up to the abuse the gun will continue to take. If i remember correctly, he would've charged a bit more to blue it. Above estimate is about right.

Comment

Give this fella a shout:
              Clarence Ansley
              Gun Bluing Specialty Shop
              214-316-3503

He saved a Ruger #1 for a friend of mine that had been drowned in Hurricane Harvey. Fantastic job.

Comment

Did you use one of those brush on kits? Setting up tank is essential. But mostly it is the surface prep. Might be worthwhile to see how many others are looking to blue a gun. Then go in together to set up and do it right. I might be in for 1 or 2.

Comment

I rust blued some muzzle loaders using a tank made of gutter. A lot of darn work but they came out good.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                    Did you use one of those brush on kits? Setting up tank is essential. But mostly it is the surface prep. Might be worthwhile to see how many others are looking to blue a gun. Then go in together to set up and do it right. I might be in for 1 or 2.
                    Used one of those birchwood casey kits. No tanks. Cant figure out how to post pics for the life of me.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                      Give this fella a shout:
                      Clarence Ansley
                      Gun Bluing Specialty Shop
                      214-316-3503

He saved a Ruger #1 for a friend of mine that had been drowned in Hurricane Harvey. Fantastic job.
                      Awesome! Thanks for somewhere to start. I'll give him a call.

Comment

When I had my Gunsmithing shop in AZ I charged 150 on average to reblue .22 rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[ATTACH]992109[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]992110[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                            X