New sight - cant make up my mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New sight - cant make up my mind

As the title says Im looking for a new sight for a new bow but can't decide if I should go with a fixed 5 pin, 3 pin or a single pin. I currently use a fixed Trophy Ridge React 5 pin. I like the site but I do feel that the amount of pins does sort of obstruct my vision past 40 yards. The fixed single pin would alleviate this but I have a feeling that moving a wheel up or down is just one more thing that I have to worry about. The fixed pins are nice since I don't have to worry about moving anything.

Let's hear your opinions and experience, hopefully this will help me decide. Thanks.
    Last edited by piercebronkite; 02-12-2020, 10:46 PM.

3 pin. Shoot it enough to be comfortable with it and you don't need any more than that. Pick the brand you like best.

Comment

Single for me.

Set in 25 I can kill anything from a squirrel to a boar from point blank to 31 yards (keep it in a tennis ball) holding dead on. Very very rarely will I hunt past that, but the few times I did, I already ranged and knew the distance and had it ready when the time presented itself

I can’t see me ever going back

Comment

Order a black gold from S and S archery. You can configure it however you like.. mine is a 4 pin I run .19 top pin and .10 on the other 3. I tried the single pin but I do to much spot and stalk to be fiddling with moving my sight. I have 2 3 pin sights also. But prefer the 4 pin now that I've tried the rest.. I shoot heavy arrows or at least what some would call heavy. 20 to 50 on my pins and I marked 55 to 70 in 5 yard increment on a blank tape.. I really doubt I'll ever move the sight the way it's set up now..

Comment

I was kicking this around the other day and decided for hunting i prefer a 4 pin. I also like a very simple and robust set up. Another plus is that those sights are light and cheap.
          After having adjustable ones that get loose, 3rd axis ones that get knocked out of alignment when my bow fell, and a simple 4 pin that I have never had an issue with, I am sticking with the 4 pin. My pins are set at 20,30,40, and 50 and making hits to 60 is not any problem. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Single for me.

Set in 25 I can kill anything from a squirrel to a boar from point blank to 31 yards (keep it in a tennis ball) holding dead on. Very very rarely will I hunt past that, but the few times I did, I already ranged and knew the distance and had it ready when the time presented itself

I can’t see me ever going back
            This is me

Comment

Spot Hogg Fast Eddie double pin. You can use the top of the bubble as a third pin

Comment

Single pin is way to go in my opinion. I'll never shoot a multi pin again. Too much clutter in your sight view.

Comment

So far I’m leaning towards a 2-3 pin. Too bad I can’t just try them all. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spot hog dual pin best of both

Comment

Single pin Apex Covert Pro. Love it!

Comment

I love my react. Takes all the worry out of messing with a knob. I have never had to much trouble with the pins being to close bc o shoot a slower bow lol

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                          As the title says Im looking for a new sight for a new bow but can't decide if I should go with a fixed 5 pin, 3 pin or a single pin. I currently use a fixed Trophy Ridge React 5 pin. I like the site but I do feel that the amount of pins does sort of obstruct my vision past 40 yards. The fixed single pin would alleviate this but I have a feeling that moving a wheel up or down is just one more thing that I have to worry about. The fixed pins are nice since I don't have to worry about moving anything.

Let's hear your opinions and experience, hopefully this will help me decide. Thanks.
                          I just switched from a King Pin to the Trophy Ridge React 5 pin. I don't see the obstructions you're talking about. My site has the .010 pins.

Comment

Prefer single pin. As LF mentioned I set mine for 25 and I’m good out to 30 with a great sight picture.

Comment

Originally posted by youngSLY88 View Post
                              Spot Hogg Fast Eddie double pin. You can use the top of the bubble as a third pin
                              Just got one. Like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X