Thinking Recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking Recurve

Sunday morning I was sitting in the Double Bull with my XT when I wished I had my Widow.

This guy was a mere 5 yards... I don't think I would even mess that up!

Click image for larger version

Name:	TC 090106 002 (Small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	24716363
    The unicorn buck.

nice

Comment

Are they still in velvet or is it just the angle?

Comment

Yes, they were in velvet when that picture was taken in September. The closest one is only a one point (unicorn) and needs to be culled. That's the one that was only 5 yards Sunday that I wished I had my recurve for. I already took the buck in my profile with my XT. I haven't hunted with a recurve since 1978 and I'm a little rusty and won't hunt with it until I become more proficient but I think I could pull off a 5 yard shot!

The buck in the back gets a pass until the 2008 season.

Comment

is the unicorn going to be culled

Comment

He's on the hit list

Comment

Cotton,

Time to let the widow out. She likes fresh blood.

Comment

Di'nt ya have yer kabar witcha?

I hate when recurves start thinkin an all. They start doin some wierd things.

Cotton, I may even be able to pull off a 5 yarder. If you're hunting in a blind, ya might as well carry both your bows. That way if ya get bored you can practice on (soon) quail and rabbits with the recurve. Remember, if you can get a rabbit, you can get a deer.

Comment

go whack him. the only way your ever gona get back into Trad is to quit taking anything else

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                    go whack him. the only way your ever gona get back into Trad is to quit taking anything else
                    I agree Buff it may be time to let the wheels hang on the wall for awhile!

Comment

That is one really nice deer you took for sure. But if I owned a killing machine like a Blackwidow I don't think I would hunt with anything else.

Comment

That's just because you've never shot a Great Plains Marty.

Comment

Practice on Humming birds on the wing, it will build you confidence way up.

Comment

Sense you already got your antlered deer why not just leave the compound at home? I feel the best thing to do is stop depending on the compound!
                            Once you decide the recurve is all you got then the kills will start to follow soon.
                            Good Luck

Comment

I agree with all of the above. I had a switchback up until Jan. of this year but was wanting to get back into the trad end of it, but I knew if I kept the compound that the first time I got a little discouraged I would fall back on it so I made the decision to sale the compound forcing me to go trad only. Well let me tell you it was worth it. Yesterday evening I shot a doe with my Bob Lee that I got back in Feb. It was awesome. All the hard work and practice paid off and I so glad I went trad only.

Comment

Working...
                              X