What antennae are you using...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What antennae are you using...

....for local channels. I’ve sent one back and about to send the second one back.... can’t get any get local news channels. That is all we would use it for.

An outside, on the roof amplified one should work. I have a small square one at the peak of my roof and it works great. Not that far south of you. They don't sell the one I have anymore though.

Comment

I have a clearstream 2 max in my attic. I get about 50ish channels and they are rock solid image-wise except for Fox because they haven't joined the UHF crowd. I can either get Fox and the Fox sub-channels and nothing else or everything else and not fox. I tried several antennas and this was the best, by far.

On a side note, if you end up getting a ton a channels, you might consider an hd homerun. You plug it into your antenna and it wifi broadcasts so you can watch on any wifi enabled device.

Comment

We use YouTube TV and it has local channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought this one from Walmart. We are about an hour south of Dallas on Richland Chambers. We get all the major networks and about 30 other channels as well. I have it about 10’ up above my chimney.

Comment

Got this one at home, at my mother's house, and at fish camp. Picks up everything.

Comment

I stuck a paper clip in and have been using that. I’m sure I could do better but I got the news for weather and that’s all I wanted.

Comment

Put Kevin on the roof with outstretched arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                  Bought this one from Walmart. We are about an hour south of Dallas on Richland Chambers. We get all the major networks and about 30 other channels as well. I have it about 10’ up above my chimney.

We are in Montgomery and have one similar to this mounted in the attic. I get around 80 channels including all the Houston channels and College Station. If you have TekShield roof decking an antenna won't work in the attic.

Comment

tagged

Comment

This will help determine what antenna might work for you. Input your info and it will give you what channels you could get. https://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29

Comment

We have been very happy with the Clearstream 4 Max.

Comment

Make sure you set your TV input to antenna. I took a antenna back because I didn't get anything with it. Bought another one didn't get anything either. Was about to take it back then I realized I didn't change the TV input. Once I did I got tons of channels.

Comment

I have been using this one since July. Different spots on the TV stand make the channels come in clearer or not at all, just have to play with it until you find the right spot. Since it is very light, I went and got a cheap coaster and superglued the antenna to it so it is more stable.

Comment

Following

Comment

Working...
                              X