Trout fishing tributaries of Rio Pueblo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trout fishing tributaries of Rio Pueblo

Are any of the tributaries of Rio Pueblo, such Angostura, Rito Presa etc worth exploring for Cutts and Rainbows?

May take my son and a few friends to the area around Tres Ritos this summer for his 13th, but I might slip away for an afternoon for some fly fishing

I think you are talking about Tres Rios area. Haven’t been there since I was about 21, but the streams, the Rio Hondo & creeks in that area are mostly Rainbow & Brown Trout. I remember finding some Cutthroat in the upper elevations around Los Truches peak. That was roughly a 6 mile hike up to the lake. You can get into some awesome fly fishing there. Might be best to camp out. We did manage some Cuts up on the La Hunta creek, but some of that stream was off limits at times. Do a good search before you travel. Rainbow & Browns are still fun to catch. We were planning a trip for last June, but you know what changed all that. Good luck.

Comment

Come to think about it, you might be correct. There is aTres Ritos area, I just never got there. Have you considered the Jack’s Creek Wilderness area outside of Sante Fe. You can find Cutthroats there.

Comment

I’m not specifically after cutts, would be a plus. I’m fine with rainbow and browns. I can be to Tres Ritos in about 5.5 hrs, not sure I wanna be in a truck with smelly teen boys a min longer!

Comment

Agree

Comment

Bump for the “day shift.”

Comment

Working...
            X