No announcement yet.

Tpost driver to the noggin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the one tool I hate. I can hear a T-post driver at use 10 miles away. Now I am smarter and either rent the pneumatic driver or have my nephews come over to hang out!

Comment

Done it and seen 3-4 others do it too.

Might be time zip tie a big pool noodle on.

Comment

Yup have almost knocked my self out and cut my head really good the last time. Got 7 stitches for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never been hit by one.... but I don't operate one without a mask on.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
            I've driven posts all my life and never had it happen or seen it happen. How exactly do you hit yourself with one? I'm 6'2" so maybe that makes a difference.

Buddy above was 6'5.....did not keep him from thumping himself in the head.

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
            After reading all these posts, I still don't think I fully understand how people are sustaining head injuries from t-post drivers. Are they hitting their heads with it on the way up? Or are the raising the driver too high (i.e., over the fence post) and dropping it on their heads?

Can someone please explain?

See this below.....when the post is in the early stages of being driven it is taller of course. If you go too high above the post on the up stroke and the driver slips behind the post on the down stroke, it forces the bottom of the driver away from you and angles/throws the top down on your head....quick.

Originally posted by myway View Post
            As mentioned above go up to high pull down with the driver on the edge of the post. It will force you to pull it toward your noggin. Fatigue and the cheap short drivers are typically the culprit. I suspect half the guys that have posted are 6' one even said he was 6'8".
            Last edited by Smart; 04-07-2021, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X