Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    ^^^thats cool wytex!^^^

While primitive it's certainly not really remote , we drive right in and several really nice "cabins" right down the road.
    That pic was Sept 14, 2018.
    This pic was Sept 8,2020, seemed more remote last year for sure with 1 1/2 ft of snow.
    Attached Files

Comment

The most remote camp...

I've ever been in was the Northwest Territories Canada. I'd love to do that again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sheep camp.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	24646380

Comment

It's an hour drive to the nearest Walmart... does that qualify?

Comment

My lease camphouse is about 45 mins off the blacktop. 3 he round trip if you forgot something and have to run to Del Rio.

Comment

Not super remote but very unique. I've spent a few nights in **** and Charlie's tea room and helped with some of the guys that keep it up. If you ever go to Caddo Lake you probably know this creepy old house.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
              Moose camp in my super secret area of AK. Was home for over 2 weeks in 2019 and will be home for almost 3 this September 2021. Will take this location to my grave. No water besides a river, and no electricity. Over 100 miles from anything, an hour and a half bush flight to the nearest bush runway.

Our ranch here in TX isn’t exactly remote being as town is 20 miles but all we have is a well and gravity fed water from there. Makes weekends hunting deer a nice getaway to unplug from everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              a quick google search of this image and the definition that pops up is Leisure, so i don't believe you

Comment

45 minute charter boat ride out of Seward AK, no pics of camp handy but remote as I have done. Spent a week in a tent with no way out just had to hope the boat showed up when he was scheduled to be there.

Hunted in several other states out west that were remote but not really as truck was right there. Have also spike camped quite a bit out west.

Comment

Pretty cool.

1.5 mi off-road by ATV only. No water or lectric.

Percolator and wood/charcoal grill and cast iron skillet on a propane burner.. Room for 2-3 cots.

Love it. But losing it.

Name:	20210322_164306.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	24646381

Name:	20210322_164222.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	24646382

Name:	20210322_164114.jpg
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	24646383

Comment

I was in Iraan, Texas about 13 or so years ago and hunted a 40,000ac lease as a guest.
                    That place was seriously isolated, to me anyway. I remember the caretaker saying it takes him 45 mins to drive the kids to the bus stop. West Texas is how I imagined the old west would have been.

Comment

Most remote was a drop camp on a small mountain lake (just big enough to land a float plane) about an hour west of Lake Iliamna, Alaska. This was pre cell phone so for 10 days, we had no communication with the outside world. Back then, in an emergency, you would spread a blue tarp by the lake/landing strip and any plane that saw it would land.

Comment

I make a trip every August to my buddies cabin at the land cut. 43 miles by water from my house in Flour Bluff.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          I make a trip every August to my buddies cabin at the land cut. 43 miles by water from my house in Flour Bluff.
                          I’m sure I’ve been by it. In fact I was by it last August. We went out of marker 37. Y’all hooked into one of those giant wind mills for power?

Comment

Hunted in Mexico Del rio area about 15 years ago, 62 miles down a dirt road 25 gates and took 3.5 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                              I’m sure I’ve been by it. In fact I was by it last August. We went out of marker 37. Y’all hooked into one of those giant wind mills for power?
                              No windmill power be we have enough generator to run ac. The cabin is on the corner of the channel to the airplane tail.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                                A friend of mine has a place on a spoils island in Roloff’s Cut not far past the mouth of Baffin. It feels very isolated when we are there mid-week when there is no one else around. I enjoy those times the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X