Here we go..HIGHER Utilities Coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubba View Post
    The finger pointing will go on and on. In my opinion it's a money issue. Ultra-influential rich and the politician’s money games. Renewables are needed and have a place, but the big push is filling someone's pockets and other players suffer. I have attended several black start training classes and leave every time thinking boy that would be a mess. It’s my understanding it was very close to being that mess for the whole state. From my training I’d say it would be months before it would of been back normal. I can tell you every System Operator, Transmission and Delivery groups and Power plant operators across Texas did everything in their power to keep things up and running. Texas power industry has not been built for that type of weather for that long of period. Bottom line is it happened, and it needs to be fixed.

Black Start.......wish every rate payer could get a glimpse of that process! Four days without power would be a cake walk compared to a month of no power for all of ERCOT grid members.

I agree renewables have their place (small place), but anyone with common sense would have to agree that for every megawatt of renewables that ERCOR
    T counts on as part of “reserve margins” would need an equal amount of fossil fueled generation as back up due to the uncertainty of renewables.

Rwc

Comment

Same here. It was $50 less and I never lost power during the freeze. I was ready though, thank goodness. I do feel for all the guys struggling with that.
      Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
      Just got my electric bill and it was $14.00 less than last month. I was pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our COOP raised our rate from .08 Kwh to .14 Kwh this month. I was expecting a fairly high bill this month, but this is a little excessive in my mind........personally I have no problem paying my bill, but there will be a lot of folks that are fixing to get outrageous electric bills and they will be screwed....

Comment

Texas’s largest and oldest electric power cooperative on Monday filed for bankruptcy protection in federal court in Houston, citing a disputed $1.8 billion bill from the state’s grid operator.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba View Post
            The finger pointing will go on and on. In my opinion it's a money issue. Ultra-influential rich and the politician’s money games. Renewables are needed and have a place, but the big push is filling someone's pockets and other players suffer. I have attended several black start training classes and leave every time thinking boy that would be a mess. It’s my understanding it was very close to being that mess for the whole state. From my training I’d say it would be months before it would of been back normal. I can tell you every System Operator, Transmission and Delivery groups and Power plant operators across Texas did everything in their power to keep things up and running. Texas power industry has not been built for that type of weather for that long of period. Bottom line is it happened, and it needs to be fixed.
            Talked with my dad this past weekend. He was a chief system operator back in 1989 and was active in the rolling blackouts back then to prevent the catastrophic failure. He said him and another chief got to give seminars at ERCOT meetings (pre-deregulation) on black start processes. He said he called his buddy the other day and said "maybe we should go give that presentation again"

My dad has talked with on of the operators at ERCOT who worked for him when he retired and said we were pretty close to going to a black start protocol. Not sure what the cycle frequency is where it goes down, but it got close at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
              We use:

Sign up now, and we'll find the best Texas electricity rates for you. Lower your electricity bill by up to 40% while Energy Ogre manages your account.

For $100.00 a year they take the responsibilty to find you a 6 month or 1 year contract that is cheep.
              Just sit back and let them research providers. Think my bill this month is $250.00...............

We have been using energy ogre for the last several years. I had tried to do my own research before giving them a shot. We easily cut our cost by 25% to even 50% in the summer months. Always fixed rates. Each time they changed providers our cost did not go up.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                We use:

Sign up now, and we'll find the best Texas electricity rates for you. Lower your electricity bill by up to 40% while Energy Ogre manages your account.

For $100.00 a year they take the responsibilty to find you a 6 month or 1 year contract that is cheep.
                Just sit back and let them research providers. Think my bill this month is $250.00...............
                Looks like you have to give them your credit card info so they can auto draft your account....right? And it automatically renews unless you go through extra motions to end it?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                  Looks like you have to give them your credit card info so they can auto draft your account....right? And it automatically renews unless you go through extra motions to end it?
                  Yes, either credit card or autodraft from bank. We have been with credit card, $10 a month since 2017. They take care of everything when they find a new provider. Setup new account, etc.

Comment

Question and excuse my lack on knowledge on the subject. A lot has been said about well heads freezing. Did that really happen or not ?

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                      Question and excuse my lack on knowledge on the subject. A lot has been said about well heads freezing. Did that really happen or not ?
                      They cut power off to our field didn’t lose it. No power not much you can do besides shut everything in. Freezing issues were minor before that. No freezing at well heads some at facilities on water lines. All our compressor stations are electric drive as well hard to move any gas with out power.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRichard View Post
                        They cut power off to our field didn’t lose it. No power not much you can do besides shut everything in. Freezing issues were minor before that. No freezing at well heads some at facilities on water lines. All our compressor stations are electric drive as well hard to move any gas with out power.
                        Thank you. That’s what I thought but wanted to hear it from someone with firsthand experience.

Comment

Working...
                        X