Kuiu vs Sitka vs First Lite vs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to upgrade some of my hunting gear this year. Will be getting early season and late season gear. Yeah yeah yeah, I know the cheap crap from Walmart works cause that’s what I’ve used my whole life.... but I feel like treating myself to some nice quality stuff because I want to.
    So what’s your preference and why?

Opinions will be all over the place... they're all pretty dang nice, and it depends on how you want to use it. My use is mostly treestand bowhunting.... if I were starting from scratch, it would be First Lite... very warm, very quiet, and I like their "whitetail" camo patterns better than Sitka. If you're looking for stuff for rifle hunting, or hunting out west, then I'd look more at Sitka and Kuiu...

That all being said... my Sitka Fanatic Hoodie is my most used piece of clothing.

Again, I'm sure you'll get varying opinions.
    Last edited by RCDuck; 02-27-2021, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Mix of Sitka and kuiu. Both have their better pieces. Overall I prefer Sitka. Kuiu makes incredible down jackets and pants for mid layers in real cold temps. Kuiu synthetic zip off base layers are very good as well. Sitka incinerator for super cold still hunting. And Sitka midweighg stuff for on the move in 20-30 degree temps. Sitka takes a beating and lasts. I’ve got a pair of grinder pants I’ve used for years. On nearly every hunt I’ve done plus off season work even in the summer. I love them. I need to get a second pair.

Cant speak on first lite. All I have is their Dobson merino briefs

Comment

My wife and I prefer Sitka .

Comment

I have been very happy with First Lite base layers and everything else Kuiu. The Kuiu stuff is well made an very light.

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitka fanatic hoodie is by far my favorite piece if you have to start with only a few pieces. I have lots of the Sitka stratus and really like it for Tx. No help with Kuiu. Looks like some nice stuff though.

Comment

I'm about 1/2 and 1/2 Sitka/First Lite.

I don't like FL as much as I used to. Mainly buy Sitka nowadays.

Don't like Kuiu.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamL View Post
                  Sitka fanatic hoodie is by far my favorite piece if you have to start with only a few pieces. I have lots of the Sitka stratus and really like it for Tx. No help with Kuiu. Looks like some nice stuff though.
                  I’m leaning towards the fanatic line for late season

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                    I'm about 1/2 and 1/2 Sitka/First Lite.

I don't like FL as much as I used to. Mainly buy Sitka nowadays.

Don't like Kuiu.
                    What do you not like about Kuiu?

Comment

I have the fanatic bibs. Super warm and really like them on a cold day. The fanatic vest and jacket was to bulky for me to bow hunt in.

Comment

I like a mix of it. FL base layers, sitka outerwear, i only have a pair of kuiu pants and gloves but really like em. They are more “athletic” cut than the others to me. I’ll probably get rid of my FirstLite outerwear and replace it with one of the others. Their qc isn’t great anymore and while they’ve always replaced items for me, when I spend $150 on pants I don’t expect them to rip the first time I wear them or pockets be sewn on wrong

Comment

Sitka man here. Quality stuff that suits my needs so I've never strayed, despite being a gear head. Bow blinds in the hill country, south Texas stalks, west Texas spot & stalks, and New Mexico hiking elks hunts-- Sitka always had me taken care of.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Have a little bit of all 3 I like Sitka and kuiu mid layers. First lite has the best base layers by far IMO. First light has few things on sale right now.
                              Kuiu attack pants are great really comfortable Great early season. Forgot about badlands I got pair of pants ION X I think. Great pants comfortable and warm. I have a pretty mixed collection I will use any of those 4 if I can catch them on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Yelladog; 02-27-2021, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X