Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can yall su about the AtM vs Blinn thing and talk about fishing there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following on the comment of Normangee...Hilltop has golf and great fishing lakes. If you can find a lot, $55/month will get you access to both.

Plus you get the opportunity to join the WMT and hunt pigs and deer on your lot.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      [ATTACH]1015350[/ATTACH]

We did some catfishing here, not sure if the access is legal or not but it was normally good for a few fish.
      Forgot about the brazos! Put some limb limes out at that very location and caught some good blues. Got an open container ticket right where that road T’s into main road. I had an attitude with the deputy for pulling me over in the middle of nowhere and forgot about the bottle in the truck. Ticket was like $90, and that was ALOT of money to me at the time, i remember wondering how the he// i was gonna come up with that much $$$!!! Poor but good times.

Comment

Brazos river and Somerville. Bryan Muni and Navasota course (Bluebonnet?) if it still exists.

BTW, they will find other "hobbies" but hopefully golf and fishing can keep them outta trouble!

Comment

We use to play bluebonnet and bowfish the northern fingers of Sommerville. I have literally seen thousands of carp on sommerville when our timing was right.

Comment

Used to fish at the library and the Research Park ponds. Caught fish up to 5 lbs at those ponds back about 10 years ago.
            Gibbons Creek was always good for crappie and cats - never had a boat.
            Tried Brazos River a few times for cats but never had much luck. Huge gar in there.
            Same with Navasota River.

Comment

Originally posted by burnadell View Post
              so, you are saying a binn student can fish the 175 pond?

kidding! Just kidding!!!

Comment

I used to fish Gibbons the year I was there. Great place to fish. Not sure how it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  BLM
                  Antifa
                  Defund Police
                  Texans calling a tank a pond

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                  You probably put beans in your chili too huh?

Comment

The pond behind Target is my spur-of-the-moment spot. It’s got a channel cut in from Carters Creek, so it’s not an isolated body of water, it’s got inflow and outflow. I’ve caught bass, carp, gar, crappie, channel cats, yellow cats, bullheads, and gaspergou. It’s a great spot to cast-net a mess of shad.

If I’m planning a day, I’ll drive to Conroe, Somerville, or Granger. Gibbons creek is good too, but they’re only open Fri, Sat, and Sun. I work retail, so weekends off aren’t that common for me.

I’ve fished the Brazos River a few times, haven’t had any luck out there, but I haven’t quite got the tricks for that figured out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      So, you are saying a Binn student can fish the 175 pond?

Kidding! Just Kidding!!!
                      Heck, I'm confused too about who can fish. I feel so bad that I'm going to invite all Aggies (graduated or not), Blinn students, SEC enrollees, Big 12 enrollees, heck any other college or university, well heck, anybody whether they attended college or not to come stay at my fishing lodge, Lake Fork Lodge and they can fish at Lake Fork for free. (The lodging rate at my lodge is $995 per night). ALL ARE WELCOME! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                      X