• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
    Sark lost to lance
    Jimbo lost to O
    Saban lost to jimbo

I mean hell i remember when strong was the next big hire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And we see where that big hire talk went. Bottom of the barrel except for one ND and one OU win.

You can keep bringing up Sark every time a Longhorn brings up Kelley but that still doesn't make the hire any less head-scratching at the moment. Believe me we are all questioning the Sark hire currently until he proves otherwise so using him as a point is not very convincing nor is it a cut. We know....

Kelley might pan out for yall but there is no doubt his tenure has been questioned at ND at times..

Comment

2021 College Football - Championship Week

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      And we see where that big hire talk went. Bottom of the barrel except for one ND and one OU win.

You can keep bringing up Sark every time a Longhorn brings up Kelley but that still doesn't make the hire any less head-scratching at the moment. Believe me we are all questioning the Sark hire currently until he proves otherwise so using him as a point is not very convincing. Kelley might pan out for yall but there is no doubt his tenure has been questioned at ND at times..

Ok all jabs aside, would you not agree he’s a LARGE step ahead of O and les hires? What more can you ask than a respected coach that’s had plenty of good coordinators work with him, second highest winning record behind saban, and been in the college playoffs. Name another candidate available that has a better resume?

I’m tryin to wrap my head around who y’all think was the better hire cause i don’t see it, outside of some hype…(i don’t trust hype)

Last edited by drop dead fred; 11-30-2021, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
        Texas needs to up their game and get on board. This tactic is not working.

There is no question to that. I am questioning Texas commitment to football and what it takes to be elite again. This includes admin, coaches, players, and most certainly our big money donors. I see all of these power moves being made around the country and I am jealous of that type of commitment to their programs. I do not get the feeling those same type moves are being made in Austin right now.

I had hopes that Texas move to the SEC was that type of commitment, but it appears Texas only saw the part they are going to make "X" more dollars and said, "Cool, we are in" vs understanding what it is really going to take to make the move.

Comment

Ok all jabs aside, would you not agree he’s a LARGE step ahead of O and les hires? What more can you ask than a respected coach that’s had plenty of good coordinators work with him, second highest winning record behind saban, and been in the college playoffs. Name another candidate available that has a better resume?

I’m tryin to wrap my head around who y’all think was the better hire cause i don’t see it, outside of some hype…(i don’t trust hype)

Dabo?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

My take on it as well, I mean I’d think we’d all agree he’s better than Les and O.. and you saw what those two managed. I believe it’s a really good hire, not much more you can do outside of about 2-3 candidates. Today is a good day

I looked up his career record. He’s been nothing but a success.

People will make fun that he’s a yankee and not from the Bayou but that means absolutely nothing. His track record including assistant hires will push him over the top light years ahead of O and Les.

Comment

BK is a great coach and will do well in BR. Has a long record of winning. What else can you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                It was being discussed a lot before LSU hired the pasty white Leprechaun using a credit card ….

You just don’t read anything until
                LSU gets brought up.
                You are right. I normally skip over you and Bob's peter measuring threads with the Aggies.

Comment

2021 College Football - Championship Week

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                  There is no question to that. I am questioning Texas commitment to football and what it takes to be elite again. This includes admin, coaches, players, and most certainly our big money donors. I see all of these power moves being made around the country and I am jealous of that type of commitment to their programs. I do not get the feeling those same type moves are being made in Austin right now.

I had hopes that Texas move to the SEC was that type of commitment, but it appears Texas only saw the part they are going to make "X" more dollars and said, "Cool, we are in" vs understanding what it is really going to take to make the move.

It’s an all in mentality.

The truth is A&Ms flash in the pan success early in the SEC was due to a fast past O with a generational QB that had to out score everyone. The SEC was not ready but had has now adjusted. The Johnny Manziel teams with their past D would be no better than a 6-7 win season in todays SEC environment.

It’s taken years to build debth and I really think A&M is close considering Bamas slight slide. A&M needs to have a much better than average QB. Our QB this year was a noodle leg with only one ball speed for the most part and had a really hard time staying calm.

Comment

Do you really think you are going to get a truthful answer from this group?
                    Bama and Ga. are the only schools in the SEC that have coaches on par with Kelly.

Kelly has never had the opportunity to get the talent that will be available to him at LSU. We will know by season #2 how well it turned out.

Comment

Dabo?... Urban?....hell Kelley wasn't available until that pile of cash was put in his face. For all I'm reading Kelley was the 3rd, maybe 4th choice?

I hope so for LSUs sake. ND doesn't have any problem getting talent either recruiting itself......especially giant cornfed mid-westerners in the trench guys. And we all know the trench guys are the real key to football success. He should have won all those games given NDs schedule and have a great wining percentage. Its just those ranked teams that gave him problems. He wasn't able to get it done with ND's easy path to the CFP and ND has an easier route to the CFB playoffs than OU.. #1 their schedule and the overwhelming AP bias. Now he has to go through the likes of Bama and Georgia annually .....and eventually Texas and OU ...although Aggy and Vanderbilt shouldn't be a problem..

Time will tell.....he definitely fell into a bigger skills guy recruiting patch. Hopefully LSU has some money leftover for the recruiting bags.
                      Last edited by Smart; 11-30-2021, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                        The Johnny Manziel teams with their past D would be no better than a 6-7 win season in todays SEC environment.

A&M had the 13th best defense in the country during Manziel’s freshman season…

Everything else you said is pretty spot on through.

Comment

3 names

Beamer
                          Rhule
                          Venables

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            You are right. I normally skip over you and Bob's peter measuring threads with the Aggies.

I don't measure peters with the Aggies...I herd them.. Bob and the Techsters were measuring peters with the Aggies....

Of course your "we're coming baw" pumping up O the last two offseasons was so spot on and accurate you have very little room to talk about quality though..
                            Last edited by Smart; 11-30-2021, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Looks like Cumbie is finally going to get his chance at being a HC. I think he'll be better in that role than OC personally.

Comment

I'm surprised Kelly didn't leave long before this. The coach at ND Can't make more than the Chancelor. How much could that be 2mil. Who is going to take that program for that? Unless there is some under the table money the best they can hope for is a FCS coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X