No announcement yet.

If This Ol Wood Burning Stove Could Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is about as cool as it gets! Pride in our hunting heritage.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Name your price - same thing I would’ve said if I was in your situation. Pretty awesome piece of history you got there.

Comment

Awesome story. I’m glad you were able to get it back and restore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            Awesome story! How were you able to photoshop all the Mossy Oak and Realtree out of those pics?
            Lol. They hunted out of trees in regular clothes and smoked cigars while hunting...drew the deer right to him my Peepaw use to say.
            Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
            Looks great! Just curious about the restoration, did your buddy sandblast all of the rust off, down to bare metal, and then repaint?
            I'm not really sure. Brad goes by Ambush on here. Maybe he will chime in.
            Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Thats pretty cool. I know where one like that is sitting that needs about that much work. Where is this guy that fixed up for you at?
            His shop is right across the street from my house.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

So freakin cool buddy I love them stoves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very kool...!!! I grew up spending many a winter weekend warmed by a pot bellied stove in a small cabin with the folks(the stove was old when they got it). That cabin fell into disrepair but like you I too saved and restored the stove. I need to do something special with it.

Comment

I seen Brad post this on FB the other day. Turned out dang nice. I love those old stoves.

Comment

great post

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                      Lol. They hunted out of trees in regular clothes and smoked cigars while hunting...drew the deer right to him my Peepaw use to say.I'm not really sure. Brad goes by Ambush on here. Maybe he will chime in. His shop is right across the street from my house.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
                      Thanks

Comment

Thanks for sharing. We got a similar call about my great grandpas tool chest filled with tools from a long ago era. Box is over 100 years so it will need attention but will obviously be a show piece. My cousin in FL was able to pick it up so next time I drive that way Ill get my hands on it.

Bet that stove goes more than another fitty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

looks good and liked the old photos

Comment

Great story and pics.. I fully understand your excitement.. I have one exactly like it in storage that came from my 94 year old grandfathers house(small shack). He kept it rolling in the winter..
                            It and his old J.C. Higgins 410 shotgun was all wanted. I got both.. He has been gone now for almost 20 years.. I need to get it rolling again..

Comment

I have one that is dang near identical, bought it at a yard sale several years ago. When I was putting it in my shop, I wondered how many meals had been cooked on top and how many fingers and toes had been warmed by its work over the years.

I'm glad you were able to get it back in the family, Johnny.

Comment

Love this!

Comment

Working...
                                X