Bow season over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
    Well an update. Finally feeling a little better. It was pretty much touch and go for awhile. My appendix perforated about 2 weeks prior to my surgery it caused several abscesses in my abdomen, the had to take out about 5' of small intestine that was damaged from the abscesses. to make things a little more challenging right before they did the surgery my appendix ruptured. This caused peritonitis i was on 3 different antibiotics for a week, my small intestine shut down from shock so i was on a liquid diet for 7 days. I lost 25lbs in a week. I feel blessed to be able to write to you guys instead of pushing up daisy's right now. Pardon any grammar issues I'm still a little loopy from the pain meds.
    so is the time on light duty been extended due to the small intestine section removal or is it still the same?
    As least you lost a little weight, if needed. Lol.
    Hoping for a quick recovery.

Comment

Wow! Glad you have all of that behind you and you're on the mend now.

Comment

Sorry to hear, hope you heal up fast.

Comment

In for a fast recovery!!

Comment

Prayers up for a speedy recovery. Pick up the rifle...nothing wrong with that! Sure beats not hunting at all

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
              Well an update. Finally feeling a little better. It was pretty much touch and go for awhile. My appendix perforated about 2 weeks prior to my surgery it caused several abscesses in my abdomen, the had to take out about 5' of small intestine that was damaged from the abscesses. to make things a little more challenging right before they did the surgery my appendix ruptured. This caused peritonitis i was on 3 different antibiotics for a week, my small intestine shut down from shock so i was on a liquid diet for 7 days. I lost 25lbs in a week. I feel blessed to be able to write to you guys instead of pushing up daisy's right now. Pardon any grammar issues I'm still a little loopy from the pain meds.

Daaang glad you are on this side of the dirt as well. That's a lot going on in a short time.

Comment

Prayers for continued recovery. We are glad you are on this side of the dirt, too. You will feel better soon but don't over do it. Losing 5 feet of small intestine is pretty dramatic. I think finding clothes that fit now will be stressful, too.

Comment

Glad you are doing better. Appendicitis is serious stuff. Praying for full recovery.

Comment

3 more weeks nothing over 10 lbs then it will jump to 20 for a few weeks then 40 and so on. they don't want me ripping open and springing a leak i guess

Comment

Glad your healing!

Comment

I had mine rupture and had to have emergency surgery right before the freeze. When we got to the hospital I told my wife if I could walk around the truck with no issues, I was going back home. Once I stepped out, I couldn't take it anymore and she dropped me off. Hospitals were full due to Covid and they sent me home the same day of surgery with no pain meds. I don't even remember being released. Day after surgery I never felt better. Sat in a Zoom meeting high as a kite and talking plenty of **** to everyone. After the morphine wore off the remainder of the week was a struggle. In 2 weeks you will be fine. Best of luck on a full recovery.

Comment

Sorry this happened and i hope you heal well. You will survive not hunting. I have hunted my whole life, 68 now and I missed last year completely due to major shoulder surgery and being in a sling for 4 months starting on Nov 3. I survived and am still here and am hunting this year.

Comment

I feel your pain. A few years back I had an appendectomy during deer season, luckily my surgery was the laparoscopic and within a week I was deer hunting again. I don't know if I recommend that for everybody but it worked out for me. This year however about 3 weeks ago I broke my collarbone and bow season was shut down at that point and I don't think I'm even going to try to draw a bow till February. That said, you had mentioned the light recoiling rifle and I'm going to tell you what I have worked out. My son loaned me his 223 and he put a comp on it and the gun literally doesn't move when you pull the trigger. The first time I shot it was at a deer and I was a little nervous, as it had only been a little over a week since I broke my collarbone at that point. The second deer I killed with it I watched drop through the scope. I don't love a 223 for deer hunting and I would not shoot a big buck with one, but for now it's working and at least getting me out in the field. Good luck and get well soon!

Comment

Well I’m back finally feeling better thinking of doing a little hunting during the long weekend. Actually having a little whiskey and a cigar this afternoon. Thanks for the well wishes from you guys it pulled me through a really near death experience.

Comment

**** it’s good to be alive. Thank to God

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X