No announcement yet.

Sugar withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kick sugar in the nads!! I have fallen off the wagon since May and I am up 20 lbs…. I am sluggish and feel like crap… last of the carbs will be gone this weekend and I will restart Keto this weekend.

Comment

Something that helps me a little. 1tsp of Redmond’s salt mixed with 8oz of water in the morning’s.

Comment

For me it always took to day 7 but I never had bad cravings. Now catch me around midnight in the pantry after a little drank and a lil smoke and Ill eat my weight in carbs lmao.

I lift heavy and now my guts are trying to poke out my belly button lol. I can still push them back in and wear a tight belt lifting but I will need to paleo it during recovery. My body wants to be big.
        Last edited by Ætheling; 10-15-2021, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Stay at it Bro. You have goals to accomplish!

Simple sugars feed into a vicious cycle of wanting more because of the quick sugar highs, then the dips leaving you feeling like you need to eat something more. If you need some carbos, use some complex carbos along with some protein to stave off the empty feeling. Healthy fats like nuts and such, will help also. But be warned, nuts are loaded with calories. So limit them.

My "Three Key Elements to Training" philosophy: Proper Exercise Rx, Proper Nutrition, Proper Rest. If one is left out, then full potential won't be reached. Be self-disciplined!

Comment

Sugar withdrawals

Hang in there guys. I want to do this one day. My wife bought smell good plug in things and our house smells like pumpkin pie, apple cinnamon cookies and all sorts of goodies. Plus she bought Halloween candy. You see I blame it on her and not me having zero willpower to not eat the candy.

Sugar is bad news and I really hope to cut a lot of it out eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sugar isn’t all that bad for you. If nothing else, it raises serotonin levels, which, admit it, probably makes you easier to live with, no?

And besides, if you give up sugar, how else are you going to eat Bread Puddin’ with Jack Daniels Whiskey Sauce, and…and ice cream, and ‘Nanner Puddin’,” oh! and Cowboy Cookies. To say nothing about the “adult beverage” category. You’d give up margaritas and whiskey?

What is wrong with you??

(And don’t even let me hear you’ve been drinking UNsweetened iced tea!)

Comment

You can do it again. I need to jump back on

Comment

txpitdog. I would like to join you on this adventure. I'll start tomorrow. Well, 5 minutes as of right now.

Two weeks ago a coworker - very nice lady from Columbia, has that "mother" sense about her - jumped my ***** for drinking diet cokes. I'll tell you what. Nothing more addicting than the fake sweetners. Never in my life have I ever had a problem going coke-free. But I couldn't drop the diet drinks. I subbed out the diet ones for real ones and now I haven't have a coke in about 10 days. It was two diet drinks per day for about 5 years prior to that.

One bad habit down,, on to the next. I need more sleep, earlier mornings, and more exercise. That will be after I get my diet on track. So - if you need someone to help keep you accountable - and if anyone wants to chew me out for thinking I can fail and be ok, pm me.

Tomorrow I'll be getting right with carbs and doing keto and working out. Nothing else to do tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    Sugar isn’t all that bad for you. If nothing else, it raises serotonin levels, which, admit it, probably makes you easier to live with, no?

And besides, if you give up sugar, how else are you going to eat Bread Puddin’ with Jack Daniels Whiskey Sauce, and…and ice cream, and ‘Nanner Puddin’,” oh! and Cowboy Cookies. To say nothing about the “adult beverage” category. You’d give up margaritas and whiskey?

What is wrong with you??

(And don’t even let me hear you’ve been drinking UNsweetened iced tea!)

Already turned my back to alcohol. It was controlling my life. It was weird the first few months but I’ve found so many other things to do than sit around and drink I don’t miss it one bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Sugar withdrawals

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                      txpitdog. I would like to join you on this adventure. I'll start tomorrow. Well, 5 minutes as of right now.

Two weeks ago a coworker - very nice lady from Columbia, has that "mother" sense about her - jumped my ***** for drinking diet cokes. I'll tell you what. Nothing more addicting than the fake sweetners. Never in my life have I ever had a problem going coke-free. But I couldn't drop the diet drinks. I subbed out the diet ones for real ones and now I haven't have a coke in about 10 days. It was two diet drinks per day for about 5 years prior to that.

One bad habit down,, on to the next. I need more sleep, earlier mornings, and more exercise. That will be after I get my diet on track. So - if you need someone to help keep you accountable - and if anyone wants to chew me out for thinking I can fail and be ok, pm me.

Tomorrow I'll be getting right with carbs and doing keto and working out. Nothing else to do tomorrow morning.

Excellent! Good luck with it! I will give you a shout. Don’t overdo it right out of the gate. It can become a heavy burden and you don’t want to fatigue yourself before building the mental stamina to do it. That said, going cold Turkey is probably the shortest path of misery!

Edit: for accountability I am 192 this morning. Used to be 255. Leanest and meanest was 165. 175 is a good sustainable target.

Last edited by txpitdog; 10-16-2021, 06:44 AM.

Comment

My downfall is cold beer.. I quit drinking cold drinks 3 years ago.. it's either water or crystal light . I dropped 35 lbs and felt great. I felt great fasting and eating low carb. I need to find some recipes that taste decent re heated.. I can't stand the taste of meat that's been microwaved.

I fell off the wagon a few months ago. I'm tired of feeling like crap.. Going to the deer camp doesn't help either. Snacks are convenient at camp . Who feels like cooking at 9 pm after cleaning deer..
                        Last edited by jds247; 10-16-2021, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Guarana, Kiefer, Stevia, chew mint sugar free gum to suppress the candida in the gut. I found you can put the stuff in your mouth and chew it, just spit it out. Its the taste buds that crave it too.

Just pick a “junk” day during the week and stick to it.
                          Last edited by Voodoo; 10-16-2021, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                            Already turned my back to alcohol. It was controlling my life. It was weird the first few months but I’ve found so many other things to do than sit around and drink I don’t miss it one bit.

Well, then, I commend you, sir. There’s nothing better than knowing you’ve fought a demon and won.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                              My downfall is cold beer.. I quit drinking cold drinks 3 years ago.. it's either water or crystal light . I dropped 35 lbs and felt great. I felt great fasting and eating low carb. I need to find some recipes that taste decent re heated.. I can't stand the taste of meat that's been microwaved.

I fell off the wagon a few months ago. I'm tired of feeling like crap.. Going to the deer camp doesn't help either. Snacks are convenient at camp . Who feels like cooking at 9 pm after cleaning deer..
                              Vacuum seal or put leftovers in a freezer bag and submerge in hot water(sous vide method) till they reheat. I freeze brisket and pulled pork and reheat like this. I don`t even use the oven to reheat anything anymore after doing it this way.

Comment

Choc zero keto bark is awesome- no sugar,
                                Also zevia drinks are good, Dr zevia, cream soda
                                I’ve been sugar free for about 3 years and saved my health

Comment

Working...
                                X