Reloading Powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloading Powder

I am wanting to get into reloading my own ammo. I'll be starting with 7mm Rem Mag. Which powder would you recommend? Is powder pretty much available?

Good luck, powder is hard to get unless you pay horrible hazmat charges for shipping

Comment

Availability is hit and miss, but much better than a year ago. Reloader 19 is probably a good powder for 7mag, I use it for my .280 Rem.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

IMR 4350, and H4350 are the powders that I’ve used for my 7mm Rem mag.

Shooting 162 gr Hornady’s

Comment

Originally posted by marlin man View Post
            I am wanting to get into reloading my own ammo. I'll be starting with 7mm Rem Mag. Which powder would you recommend? Is powder pretty much available?
            Purchase some reloading manuals and compare what each one is using . It could cost you In excess of $600 for the initial investment with the cost of primers, powders, projectiles. To get what you Want / what your Rifle wants, it’s going to be extremely pricey right now.

Comment

H1000
              RL 22, 23, 26
              Retumbo
              IMR4350

In my recent experience, most magnum powders have been hard to come by.

Comment

Find a powder that covers a lot of calibers since once you start reloading, it becomes addictive. I settled on H380 30 years ago and bought 20 lbs. It is not the best for each caliber but man it measures and loads easily and most of all it has produced some really accurate rounds.
                Last edited by tx_basser; 11-26-2022, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Don't forget that you will be using magnum large rifle primers as well

Comment

H4350 has been available off and on for the last month or so through Powder Valley or Midway.

Comment

H1000, Retumbo, H4340, IMR4350,RL26 would be good choices,

Where are you located? I’ve got extra of all of the above if you need some to get started. Shoot me a pm is you happen to be in NE Texas and I know where to buy CCI 250’s without hazmat fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post

Where are you located? I’ve got extra of all of the above if you need some to get started. Shoot me a pm is you happen to be in NE Texas and I know where to buy CCI 250’s without hazmat fees.
                        Solid offer Sir

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post

Thanks you! Extremely generous. I'm located in central TX

Comment

Powders are becoming more readily available. Primers well…

Comment

Primers, especially Magnums, are will be the hardest component to find right now. Graf's and Son's is a good source. Reloading is somewhat addictive. Good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X