No announcement yet.

Sutton/ Val Verde County 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s the “magical temp” for anthrax to go dormant? All I’ve seen is cooler weather but wondered if there’s a general idea what that temp is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It looked like that area may have received a little rain yesterday. I'm pretty sure our lease got some rain. At least it looked like it on RADAR.

Comment

Im anxious to get out there but its gonna be mid September before I can get there.

All the anthrax talk has quieted down... so Im hoping the severity of it has too

Comment

I think a lot if folks will be out that way for Labor Day. Should be some reports after that.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SlinginStix View Post
            What’s the “magical temp” for anthrax to go dormant? All I’ve seen is cooler weather but wondered if there’s a general idea what that temp is.

I heard sustained temps below 95 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
              I heard sustained temps below 95 degrees.

That’s better than hearing below 90. Can’t cool off quick enough. It’ll be a month before I can get back to the lease to pull cards and see if anything is still around the feeder. We found a few dead last month but no telling how bad it really is. Hoping we get lucky and it didn’t hit us bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SlinginStix View Post
                That’s better than hearing below 90. Can’t cool off quick enough. It’ll be a month before I can get back to the lease to pull cards and see if anything is still around the feeder. We found a few dead last month but no telling how bad it really is. Hoping we get lucky and it didn’t hit us bad.

I saw yesterday it was 100* yesterday.... Im sure we have a good month left of severe heat

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                  I saw yesterday it was 100* yesterday.... Im sure we have a good month left of severe heat

Agreed.

Comment

Anyone make the trip west ??? Any game cam pics ? Updates ? rain ?

Comment

Was out that way this past weekend and witnessed almost an inch of rain Friday evening. This is my 3rd trip since July and we are very close to a 100% whitetail die off from my estimation.

We're very close to "The Windmill" when you look at Google Maps.

Comment

I'm pretty sure we got some rain, just not sure how much. I was intently watching the radar as the rain passed over the Val Verde/Terrell County line. I hope I can make it out near the end of this month to refill feeders and check cameras.

Comment

One of our guys cell cam showed good rain on Friday. Radar looked like we might of got a little more on Saturday. I am going out this weekend.

Comment

Question for those that have been through an anthrax outbreak in the past if any have. We pulled cards today and not a single WT on camera since July 20-21. Had them on camera up until that timeframe. We’ve found 5-6 dead deer in the last month but as most on here there’s a consensus as no one knows how many are dead or if the majority moved off and “might” come
                            Back when it cools off in Nov-Dec. Has anyone ever come to an agreement with the LO to suspended their season calling it a wash and possibly applied any paid dues towards the next season? Has LO offered full refund? Just trying to get a gauge on how others have handled it. We’re going to talk to our other members tomorrow and get opinions on what we want to propose to our LO. Obviously each LO is different and situations vary.

Comment

Most landowners will be sympathetic to the situation but I doubt you will find one willing to credit you another season.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                                Most landowners will be sympathetic to the situation but I doubt you will find one willing to credit you another season.

That’s along my lines of thinking. Appreciate the input. If our season is still a go I’m hoping the majority have moved off and they will return later in season when cooler.

Comment

Working...
                                X