No announcement yet.

2018 Middle of North Texas Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This 16 point hit the dirt yesterday on the adjoining pasture of my lease.
    Attached Files

Comment

Trail cam pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
        Trail cam pic
        I’d **** my britches if I saw him.

Anyone seeing signs of rutting in or near Jack County? Some guys saw some little bucks chasing opening weekend of rifle. The past two weekends we haven’t seen any. One guy reported he saw a group of 3 bucks running together. 10 point that he shot, 8 point and 4 point.

Out of 8 guys on our lease, 6 guys have shot a buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can’t believe I just found this thread, this past sunday and Monday had the deer moving like crazy. I shot a nice 10 up in Archer Monday evening, sat all day except for an hr to grab food and saw deer all day even in that wind. Should be good for the next couple of weeks rut wise, young bucks we’re cruising and all busted up. I bet it’s about to break wide open any day now. I’ve got a place north of Jacksboro now to hunt so I’ll be setting that up as soon as possible.

Comment

Second Saturday in a row we’ve been skunked here in Wise County. Don’t know what the deal is

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              Second Saturday in a row we’ve been skunked here in Wise County. Don’t know what the deal is
              I’m assuming they are all locked down in the thick stuff, just need the cooler weather to kill some of the green and acorns

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
                I can’t believe I just found this thread, this past sunday and Monday had the deer moving like crazy. I shot a nice 10 up in Archer Monday evening, sat all day except for an hr to grab food and saw deer all day even in that wind. Should be good for the next couple of weeks rut wise, young bucks we’re cruising and all busted up. I bet it’s about to break wide open any day now. I’ve got a place north of Jacksboro now to hunt so I’ll be setting that up as soon as possible.
                I just use TBH on my iPhone and can’t ever get pics to load if someone wants to post the pics for me. Nine4zero735215one

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
                  I’m assuming they are all locked down in the thick stuff, just need the cooler weather to kill some of the green and acorns
                  You’re probably right.

Comment

Deer moved well this eve ahead of the cool Front. Had my #1 shooter hang up with his does 75yds from my tree stand.

Comment

Headed out to Jacksboro to scout the land some more and throw up a couple of cameras. I’ve got a 278” moultrie Feeder to hang until I can get a permanent feeder after the trip to CO this week. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Deer put on a show last night SW of Vernon. Bucks chasing does all over the place. No bucks big enough or old enough to shoot at. But. it was a show. Good times.

Just checking TC pictures and found this old boy. My son and i got a glimpse of him two weekends ago. I didn't see him this weekend. I'll be hunting this guy next weekend. Big and heavy. Curious as to what he weighs.
                        Attached Files

Comment

a couple of more pics...
                          Attached Files

Comment

The rut seems early this season as our deer were on thier feet the last 4 days.This mature 8 was locked down w his doe friend and Lindsey's Dad made him pay.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by crowmagnum; 11-19-2018, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Looks like the action is picking up in the area. Some awesome deer being taken and pictures of stories to come.

We saw lots of movement the past 4 days. No big deer sightings but a few 135-140 deer showed up. Has anyone noticed a lack of doe this year?

One of our munchkins got it done on this ole 8 point. We were all excited to say the least for the wee one.

We need to find the buck that made this rub for sure!

We finally got all the oats planted Saturday so in two weeks when the pastures die out from the heavy frost and freezes it might get really good.

Got a picture of a 180-90 inch deer that was taken about 4 miles from us. Don't know the guys but it was a giant.
                              Attached Files

Comment

We are heading out Wednesday morning. After being in Austin for the football game this weekend, Christmas shopping with the wife today, I am chomping at the bit to get out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X