The Alpinist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Alpinist

My parents encouraged me to watch this on Netflix and I highly recommend it if you're looking for something to watch. I don't like heights so got a little queezy on a few shots but it's pretty incredible what he does!

Did you finish it?

Yes amazing feats of free climbing.

Comment

This is great but he is crazy.

Comment

It’s quite the feat what that guy does but I called it 5 min into the film, it’s no different than playing Russian roulette.

Comment

Incredible athlete and story. One question: how does he get down? Seems like that would be incredibly difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
            Incredible athlete and story. One question: how does he get down? Seems like that would be incredibly difficult.
            I wondered this too during the entire movie.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
              I believe he gets down with ropes and equipment. It's the climb up that he does without any assistance.

Comment

Had never heard of it. Just marked it to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                  It’s quite the feat what that guy does but I called it 5 min into the film, it’s no different than playing Russian roulette.

Same! It is just a matter of time. When she said they fell further into the glacier was crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Its on my list. My son and I watched 14 Peaks which is about a guy that climbs all the world's highest 14 peaks in 7 months. pretty cool.

Comment

Amazing climber. Couldn’t believe the risks he took.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                        Its on my list. My son and I watched 14 Peaks which is about a guy that climbs all the world's highest 14 peaks in 7 months. pretty cool.
                        And do one hungover!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          Did you finish it?

Yes amazing feats of free climbing.
                          Yes, just trying to not give anything away...as far as getting down, I read that many places they climb have an "easier" side that they can walk/ski/repel down. I looked him and his girlfriend up on Instagram and there are some pretty cool pics of their excursions.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

That 14 Peaks guys is tough sob

Alpinist is on my to-watch list

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post

I’m watching it now. I like this sort of thing. Guys like this are living for and in the moment. Sort of like the Allen Watts quote, “It's better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way”

Comment

Working...
                              X