Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex warranty

Because you'll need it [emoji854][emoji854]

This will be their second trip back. So much for keeping them as truck binos. Picked em up and piece fell off even though it's supposed to thread on

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have had zero issues with my Vortex glass, performing flawlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat70 View Post
      I have had zero issues with my Vortex glass, performing flawlessly.
      Go buy a lottery ticket.

Actually, I have a pair of binos I bough for guests and nothing is wrong with them.

Comment

Vortex low end sucks. Diamondbacks are low end. If you want something that’s not crap from them you have to actually spend some money, and then you’ll get a great product.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Vortex low end sucks. Diamondbacks are low end. If you want something that’s not crap from them you have to actually spend some money, and then you’ll get a great product.
          Yep, their budget lines are junk, and you'll most likely put their warranty to good use. Their higher end glass is very good quality though.

Comment

Ive sent a pair of DB back for cleaning, no issues. Send back a varix III leupold back no issues. Sent a nikon back 3 times and if not for a member here probably would have never seen it again.

They all have issues now and then

Comment

I've got multiple pairs of DB and Viper binoculars, DB scopes, and 2 of their range finders with zero issues. Some of the units are several years old already too. One pair of the binocs survived a 18' fall out of tree to boot. Not to say there as some units that might have issues but overall I think they are good product for the average hunter (which most of us probably are). I can't speak on the quality of the warranty division there though since I've never sent anything in. The lifetime no excuses/no receipt needed warranty started the trend with other manufactures are having to follow now.

Comment

I managed to rip off the rubber eye cup from by Razor HDs and sent them in for repair, bully expecting to pay for this since it was my fault.

They fixed that and then replaced one of the objective lenses that I had scratched, I didn't even ask them to look at that.

I'm extremely pleased with my experience with them.

Comment

All I've owned are Vipers, and had no problems. My buddy uses Vipers and Golden Eagles also. He stuck a case in a 308 semi-auto. Trying to get the case out he struck the bolt handle on a table and proceeded to break off the windage turret. He sent the scope back along with a letter containing the truth. Within a couple of weeks he had a new scope.

Comment

I need a new eyecup outer piece. LOL

Have 2 pair of Vortex and no complaints. My son however thought it would be cool to take that rubber piece off out in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      I spent a bit over $800 on my Vortex that died after 300 rounds, through a AR. Never took it hunting, spent months working on working up a load, tried quite a few different powders. The morning I was leaving for the first hunting trip, I found it took a crap on me. They sent me a replacement scope, I could not get that scope to shoot anywhere near as good at the first scope did, before it took a crap. I had the gun, shooting 3/8" groups with the first scope, then it completely died and would not high the board the target was one. The second scope, took a lot of experimenting with scope ring torque, before I finally got it to shoot 1" groups.

Was not going to pay any more money, to find out if a more expensive one, was any better.

Comment

I'm mostly just poking at vortex. They took care of me the first time and will again when I send these in.

Glue melted from riding in the truck 24/7 and eye piece is fine threaded so it just popped out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                          I spent a bit over $800 on my Vortex that died after 300 rounds, through a AR. Never took it hunting, spent months working on working up a load, tried quite a few different powders. The morning I was leaving for the first hunting trip, I found it took a crap on me. They sent me a replacement scope, I could not get that scope to shoot anywhere near as good at the first scope did, before it took a crap. I had the gun, shooting 3/8" groups with the first scope, then it completely died and would not high the board the target was one. The second scope, took a lot of experimenting with scope ring torque, before I finally got it to shoot 1" groups.

Was not going to pay any more money, to find out if a more expensive one, was any better.
                          What scope? The original PST line was complete junk as well, and priced about like what you mentioned. The newer PST II line and up have been very good to me, and I beat the living crap out of my gear. Trophy8 will vouch for my treating them like a redheaded stepchild. He’d know how one is treated

Comment

Broke two vortex items (both my fault by far) and both were expeditiously repaired and returned. No issues-- both were binos (one fell out of a case, one off a tripod)

Have had several of their riflescopes and nary an issue yet. However, they've all been higher end models (HSLR, LHT, Razor and AMG)

Comment

I’ve used Vortex exclusively as my optic of choice. I’ve bought everything from their lowest end to highest end. I’ve used warranty a few times as expected. But what’s want expected is I had a pair of binos get run over… you think one of the other brands would have replaced them? Vortex has their niche and is a great product.

Comment

Working...
                              X