Best cellular game camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best cellular game camera?

Search isn't working for me, so I'll throw out a new thread. Looking for a Christmas gift for my dad. He's getting up there in years and isn't a hunter, but he does have 40 acres and a small pond. He's the kind of guy that has no hobbies other than work, so buying Christmas gifts is a major chore. He's always talked about what kind of animal tracks he finds down at his pond in the mud, but never sees the animals. I got him a game camera with a SD card a few years ago, but he never put the dang thing up. Likely because it's a tech type thing to pull the card and look at pics, which he doesn't excel at. So this year, I'm thinking about a cellular unit, a year of service, and putting it up for him so he can sit at the house and look at the pics without going down there and doing computer type things with a card. What's best for this?

I use Brownings and they work very well. No issues and great battery life.

Comment

I feel like that are all faulty. I've tried them all and just not happy with them. If I had to pick one it would be the tactacam.

Comment

Barn Owl all the way sir

Comment

Tactacam are good and reasonably priced.
          Marat away from Spypoint

Comment

In a easy to set up cell cam I have went to Bushnell cellcam
            Compared to my Tacticam it's easier to set up and the pics an videos are just the same .

Comment

Im getting a few Tactacams SK to try. Havent heard anything bad. Cheapest set up through the app, no cell phone carrier charges.

Comment

I have 6 browning cell cams going. 2nd year with them and they work great. The only downfall with them is they take 16 AA batteries. Pretty much have to run them with a solar panel too or they’ll run lithium batteries down in about 2.5 months.
                If I didn’t already have these I would be looking at the new tacticam that comes with a rechargeable battery pack and a solar panel built into the camera.

Comment

Tacticam reveal x. I have muddy manifest also and no comparison.

Comment

I like my Tacticam Reveal X's I bought. Have 4 up and running now.

Comment

Spartan

Comment

I’ve heard lots of good stuff about Tactacam. That will be my next one.

I have two Moultries and both have stopped in season 2. The IR light went out on one and the other just stopped working about 2 weeks ago and I haven’t checked it. They run through the batteries. Mine stop taking pics when battery life is at 40-50% and I confirmed this with Moultrie as well. I average about 4-5 weeks with the batteries. That’s taking 100 pics a day on average and uploading once or twice a day.

The Spypoint I had only lasted about 6 weeks and quit uploading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okiepighunter View Post
                          Barn Owl all the way sir

Thanks for all the suggestions here. Can you tell me more about the barn owl, okie? The solar panel has me intrigued, looks like a low maint type unit.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                            Spartan

This. Expensive but haven’t had any issues.

Comment

SPYPOINT. Easy. Cheap. Still working well for me. Not real good pictures.

Comment

Working...
                              X